Forums are back in action! ×

Live long and prosper

greetings earthlings,

i have been overweight all my life (up , down, up, down) ; an emotional eater, i'm in recovery, am a depressive, anxiety-ridden, you know- the works :) 

yes, my therapist is going to buy himself a new car, just cuz of me >:)

anyway!

i came to this site purely by coincidence.

in any case, it was...last night when i started reading Staci's story. and was inspired. 

relevant background: My boyfriend is a power lifter and gave me Starting Strength a while back. I got up to squatting 180- body-weight  But even while progress was being made ... you know how HUNGRY you get lifting! I never really changed my diet.  Emotional eater over here loves cookies, cake, fried things. 

Then around body-weight squatting time ...

Finals/papers/crazy/- (i'm a grad student) depressive slump hit and I stopped going to the gym.  I don't deal with stress. I eat. I eat a lot. 

So... you see where this is going. 

I started going back like last week. And I had my last -hopefully- binge last night. You know, after going on the millionth diet in which you eat nothing but x BUT YOU WILL LOSE 12 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS! 

But ! by the end of the day, I was miserable, stressing over my MA thesis and I gave in and ate dinner (not even a *bad* one, rice and stir fry).

And then said f*** it and went on a binge.

I think it was a post by Steve that described something about having all the willpower in the world in the morning....But by evening... 

yeah, that was me. 

read some more and ... saw the paleo thing and decided to give it a try. i mean i've tried everything else and NOT being hungry sounds good to me.

Had leftover chicken for breakfast this morning and a steak salad for lunch and am going to the gym.

Starting over with squats - with just the bar- since my form is off.

way off.

wish me luck and thanks guys

p.s

THIS SITE WOULD BE NERD PERFECT... EXCEPT

THAT THERE ARE NO STAR TREK REFERENCES!

pls to be fixing. some nerds you are :)

I agree - more StarTrek references - I'd understand those. I can't imagine that being hungry would be helpful for someone with a tendancy to binge so paleo sounds like a good plan. A lot of nerds have also found that lifting is a good mood enhancer.

Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

No, no, don't worry. We trekkies are here, but admittedly we are in the minority. I blame Berman and Braga.

And there have been plenty of Star Trek references, but they're a bit buried in the archives now. Feel free to get us started again, there are plenty who will join in. (Of course, then we'll get into the inevitable TOS vs. TNG discussions, but that's okay.)

Besides that, we're really happy to have you here. Staci is very inspiring, and there are lots of people who are willing to help you stay on track, and who have been or who are where you've been. Just keep posting!

Archived