Forums are back in action! ×

I'm past the point of long intro's and crazy ideas but here's some random stuff about me and crap. I was once thin... a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I know how I got there just can't seem to remember or find my way back. So I'm hoping this will work for me, finally find that thing that gets into my brain and makes me listen up.

I have a total of 140lbs to lose (though I'm very flexible with that number), lost 33.4lbs so far on my own, and a total of 12.9lbs since I re-committed myself (yes that's part of the total 33.4lbs). I feel like I have all the odds against me. I work from home full time only going to the office 3 times a month (which is also a good thing since I've gotten great at avoiding the snacks at work), I have a weird schedule of 11:30am - 8pm, I say I'll workout on my lunch but tend to find a reason not to (I usually work through it off the clock), I have a hip/leg injury that I'm always trying to strengthen, as well as other injuries from a really bad car accident back in 08,
than add to the mix my husband who doesn't want to diet and is very over weight (and constantly buys things I can't have but love or says I don’t need to lose weight he loves me for me) so I have that always hitting me in the back though I've been doing great lately and he's really trying to help me, than you have my daughter, Zelda, she's a Warrior Princess for sure... cutest thing ever! Its amazing I'm alive after that accident so her being alive is beyond anything people can think of. It wasn't an act of God or some religious thing... no she's just Zelda... 100% Zelda.

Anyways I could go on about her for ever, she's my life, but this is about me. For once I'm doing something for me. I want to get back in shape but first I need to lose a lot of weight. I want to get my leg back up to par with my other leg than work on toning. Getting that body fat % down and myself healthy. Plus I hope my changes will fall over to my husband cause I need him to be around forever!

I know I can do this cause of my physiatrist. He's always brought up how once I put my mind to it I can break every rule. He's the one that told me I'd never walk without a walker again and mainly use a wheelchair, after 5mo I was full time walker baby! Than after only 2 more months I was using a cane and after a year of crazy rehab (you name it I had it! OT, PT, ST, etc) I was okayed to go back to work and be discharged from rehab. I was asked to come back to the clinic and speak to patients but I find with my weight gain I just can't do it. Who would listen to someone that went all this way just to get really lazy? I need to find that motivation again. That need to move.

So I've lost track of what I'm doing (its the TBI I swear...) and jump all over the place... personality flaw I know. But I bought the guides, I'm reading them tonight and starting first thing in the morning! Why wait another day to mess up? I'm already eating a lot cleaner and working to clean it up even more (cutting carbs is hard). So wish me luck... I hope I get where I need to be!

**FYI I tend to forget to post a lot so I'll probably vanish. As you can imagine my house is a bit crazy and my daughter is fully disabled and requires our constant care. Forums usually get forgotten around here and sadly, yes, I have given up gaming to take more time for my daughter's needs.

Helkaahaien Stone Giant Adventurer

My Intro Post | MFP My | My Blog

"Remember if you plan to stay, those who give can take away, don't bite the hand that feeds you" - Steppenwolf

I am scatter brained too (no TBI...but definitely ADHD) and I have found having people to whom I am accountable to be a great benefit... 

I have three kids... one of whom has asperger's (on the autistic spectrum) and we have *just* (at 12.5) gotten to the point where we don't need therapy 5 days a week :( (that was difficult times man)... I understand how hard it is to try and work with kids who need help and after they go to bed it's all "I deserve _____ [insert name of unhealthy habit/food here] because I had such a hellacious day!"

if you have a smart phone... nf has an ap... and that makes it easy to read :) you know in the 30 seconds of alone time you get... we can encourage you  :) 

hugs!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I am scatter brained too (no TBI...but definitely ADHD) and I have found having people to whom I am accountable to be a great benefit... 

I have three kids... one of whom has asperger's (on the autistic spectrum) and we have *just* (at 12.5) gotten to the point where we don't need therapy 5 days a week :( (that was difficult times man)... I understand how hard it is to try and work with kids who need help and after they go to bed it's all "I deserve _____ [insert name of unhealthy habit/food here] because I had such a hellacious day!"

if you have a smart phone... nf has an ap... and that makes it easy to read :) you know in the 30 seconds of alone time you get... we can encourage you   :)

hugs!

lol ya I totally have ADHD but we like to say its my TBI, its more fun when you have a metal plate on one side of your head! Its really nice to hear from people that also have a special needs child, no matter what ability to just get through life is amazing somedays! (We're having a day right now too... think happy thoughts!) I would love to find this app, thought it was only for the iPhone and I have an Andriod since I refuse to support Apple (sorry huge issues with that company and the nerd in me can argue for hours on that topic), but I'll search the Andriod market again. Right now I use a FitBit and MFP, when I go outside I use my Endomondo app. My daughter is only 4 (will be 5 at the end of the month... o...m...g...) so we still have lots of therapy. She goes to a special needs only school right now but after school its right to therapy for 2-3hrs every day. But I can't complain, because of school and therapy she's able to hold her head up more and kick her legs and arms... I'm such a proud mommy!

It sounds to me like you can do anything you put your mind to.  I love your "I'm starting this NOW" attitude - you're so right, why wait?  You might pop into this thread and introduce yourself; there's some great folks on it.  Welcome.

I feel everyone can do anything they put their mind to, its just finding out what you need to get your mind there (that's my hard part right now). But I've done diets with the 'last supper' or 'Oh I'll start Monday or the begining of the month' but they are always set up to fail. So I'm just jumping into it. Plus I saw pictures of myself from the beach... did not like what I saw.. I didn't realize I had gotten... that big. Thank you for the link, thread does seem like a place to be!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Did my first workout today and from my re-commitment to getting in shape I've lost 15.8lbs. Most of that weight I know is water, I know it goes down hill from here, the movitivation lessens, the drive starts to fade, you just want it now, you have days where EVERYTHING looks amazing, and your weight loss slows down. I just need to keep reminding myself of this. I know this happens. But you still are working towards getting healthy! Plus the first 15lbs were lost without working out, just diet changes, so the more I add to my life the better, right!?

Helkaahaien Stone Giant Adventurer

My Intro Post | MFP My | My Blog

"Remember if you plan to stay, those who give can take away, don't bite the hand that feeds you" - Steppenwolf

lol ya I totally have ADHD but we like to say its my TBI, its more fun when you have a metal plate on one side of your head! Its really nice to hear from people that also have a special needs child, no matter what ability to just get through life is amazing somedays! (We're having a day right now too... think happy thoughts!) I would love to find this app, thought it was only for the iPhone and I have an Andriod since I refuse to support Apple (sorry huge issues with that company and the nerd in me can argue for hours on that topic), but I'll search the Andriod market again. Right now I use a FitBit and MFP, when I go outside I use my Endomondo app. My daughter is only 4 (will be 5 at the end of the month... o...m...g...) so we still have lots of therapy. She goes to a special needs only school right now but after school its right to therapy for 2-3hrs every day. But I can't complain, because of school and therapy she's able to hold her head up more and kick her legs and arms... I'm such a proud mommy!

hope things are going well for you :) 

I use tapatalk to read the boards on my phone :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Archived