Forums are back in action! ×

Following the path off Mount Noob, like the Toot Oriole said...

Hey Rebels,

I found this place via a friend of mine who raves about NF in between completing Tough Mudder runs and performing with aerial silks (!!). From where I'm sitting, she looks like an Elite, and I'm just about to start killing rats. :)

I'm here because I was in great shape in high school, and only realised just how badly I've let that slide in the past 10+ years when I tried playing some Ultimate Frisbee with some much younger and fitter friends... and got winded after about five minutes. For someone who used to play an hour of basketball without a problem, that's a big drop.

My aim is to work on my general aerobic fitness and strength, with some work on flexibility too. So, I guess that makes me a Ranger with a touch of Druid?

Glad to be in a community of such supportive people. From my quick looks through the forums, it looks like a great environment for improving my body.

Judicator

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR 2  |  DEX 3  |  STA 3  |  CON 2  |  WIS 3 |  CHA 2

An Adventurer is me! -- Aspiring to Ranger -- Adventu-Ranger mini-challenge #1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness Judicator, may it prove to be all your friend set it up to be and more. 

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

welcome!

this is definitely the place for support... and not just for support of fitness goals... the nerds here are AWESOME! 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Just realised I didn't give much info about myself here. I'm a male nerd, 32, living in Sydney, Australia, and working as a nurse. Shift work is hell on any kind of routine, let alone a workout routine!

Looking forward to the next bunch of challenges.

Judicator

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR 2  |  DEX 3  |  STA 3  |  CON 2  |  WIS 3 |  CHA 2

An Adventurer is me! -- Aspiring to Ranger -- Adventu-Ranger mini-challenge #1

Archived