Forums are back in action! ×

Hey y'all,

Found NF about a week ago, and am motivated!  I'm a 39-year old (5'9" 250 lb.) store clerk in NC, and I'm looking to lose some bodyfat!

I've sorta drifted in and out of a Primal diet (along with IF) for a couple of years, but have lacked motivation/willpower to carry it all the way :( . I've had some experience with weight loss through rapid, drastic change (military, living to India), but that change has been forced upon me - I can't manufacture the change on my own.  So I'll step back a bit, gradually change and create some new habits!

My short-term eating goals:

- Only 1 meal out per week (long days at work make this tough, maybe IF can help some)

- No fast food

- No wheat

I've also exercised, somewhat consistently, with a Body By Science/HIT routine.  I've come to realize that I respond better to a higher volume, less 'failure-y' exercise program.  I am a believer in basic lifts, so I like what I've read here.  Again, I'll take a step back and do the 4-week Basic Training program out of the Strength guide...

Going forward, hmm... I like weights, don't like gyms, and don't really want to get a bunch of equipment for myself... maybe I'll find I really like BW :nevreness:

My exercise goals are:

- Complete the Basic Training program

- Add a fairly strenuous hike on one of my off days (leaving the rest, as work can be fairly strenuous)

I really like what I've seen and the support shown in my week of lurking at NF... I figure I'm going to be a Ranger (maybe with a Warrior bent), as being a jack-of-all-trades is my, uh... trademark... ugh...

I've always found that if I just show up to what I'm supposed to be at, be present for what I'm supposed to do, 90% of the time I'll do what needs to be done and give it my best effort... so I guess my battle really is to JUST SHOW UP

Thanks for reading my book y'all.

JUST SHOW UP

Level 1 Adventurer: STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Goal: Fit comfortably into my L size 'We Came As Strangers' and 'Bruins' t-shirts.  

Mustardstew: It IS The First Time! (First Challenge Thread)

Dirt Worshiping Backpackers

You know, sometimes I amaze even myself... -Han Solo

Archived