Forums are back in action! ×

Finally Saying Something.

Hello Everyone,

So I have been just kind of looking around them forums for a couple months now too scared to say anything, so I deiced today was the day I was going to say something. I have been reading nerd fitness for about half a year now and it has helped me get on the right track, along with more self control. I am twenty years old, one of my main goals is to join the Air Force but in able to do that I need to loose 75 pounds. When I first started on this journey about a month ago I thought it was practically impossible, but I told my self that if you all those people on nerd fitness did it then why cant I. I use to make excuses that it was everyone's in my houses fault for offering me baked goods or overly sugary foods, but it was my fault for saying yes. I have definitely gotten better at looking at them and saying no I can not eat that it is not good for me. Thanks to this community I have learned about the paleo diet, although the one thing I hate calling it is a diet because I feel like it is more of a life style change. Any way enough with my rambling, I guess the main reason I wanted to finally post something is for the most part I dont have a huge support system behind me, so I wanted to take Steves advice and look for support through the nerd fitness community. Thank you Everyone for reading through my rambles

Fallingangelica

Orc Adventure 

• Strength (STR) - physical strength-1        
  • Dexterity (DEX) - agility and speed-1      
  • Stamina (STA) - Endurance and Energy-2    
  • Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease-3  
  • Wisdom (WIS) - intuition and sense of things around himself-5  
  • Charisma (CHA) - force of personality and physical attractiveness-3

current Challenge- Battle Log

Welcome to the community Fallingangel! I hope you will find the folks here to be a great support team for reaching your goals. I heartily recommend joining a challenge as the best way to get a group of people together to help you out with the setting and achieving of said goals.

Best of luck to you! :-)

Telemon Hollowbones
Half-Elf Adventurer (AKA. Dragon Fodder)
Str 6.5 / Dex 7 / Sta 9.5
Con 7 / Wis 6 / Cha 6
Telemon's Battle-log
Current Challenge
Shiny Belt of Endurance
"Don't Dream It, Be It" Frankenfurter

Welcome, ex-lurker! I second the advice to start planning out some goals for next challenge. But don't let that delay stop you from starting to change your life *now*! What 2 things would you like to change over the next fortnight? One diet goal, one exercise goal?

So over the two next weeks the two goals I would like to work on would be exercises wise to increase my running time. I guess a diet goal would to be eat more of the vegetables I have said I don't like, but have never tried most of the time I end up liking them with like asparagus I did not think I liked them till my dad made me eat them and now I can not wait for asparagus season. Do not know if those are good goals but there starting goals. Oh when does the next six week challenge start and how do I sign up.

Orc Adventure 

• Strength (STR) - physical strength-1        
  • Dexterity (DEX) - agility and speed-1      
  • Stamina (STA) - Endurance and Energy-2    
  • Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease-3  
  • Wisdom (WIS) - intuition and sense of things around himself-5  
  • Charisma (CHA) - force of personality and physical attractiveness-3

current Challenge- Battle Log

This page will answer basically every question you have far more eloquently than I myself could!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/challenges/6-week-challenge-rules-r15

Welcome, by the way!  I'm starting on the next challenge as well, and it will be my first one

Level 1 Half-Giant Adventurer(STR) -3 (DEX) -2 (STA) -1 (CON) -2 (WIS) -3 (CHA) -4

Goals - 50 concurrent push-ups, 10 concurrent pull-ups, lose 80lbs

Noli timere - Mundus mihi est.

Archived