Forums are back in action! ×

Finally joined the Rebellion!

Hello!

I've been reading the weekly NF articles and finally decided to actually join the community :nevreness:. I am keen on finding nerds in my area (Sydney, Australia) as I need new friends who share my interests and passion for levelling up their lives. No person should be an island, especially when embarking on an adventure to bettering themselves, physically and mentally.

My Story...

I can't say I've ever been severly overweight but I've also never been in great shape either. I can't say I know how much I weighed in my teens, but after highschool finished I started putting on some weight over time. I went from a size 10 (these are all Australian sizes) to a 12, and ever so slowly into a size 14. It's strange how weight creeps up without one ever truely noticing. In my mind I was still fitting into size 10 clothes, with the occassional size 12, when in reality my warddrobe was mainly size 12 with an increasing amoutn of size 14 clothes.

In 2010 I decided to get into shape. A friend basically forced me into a gym membership, which on reflection I am grateful for, and I started walking, then jogging, then running the same stretch of nature tracks. I was two months in and going strong.

Then I had a pretty crazy car accident, which hospitalised me for a week, and knocked me out of the exercise ballpark for half a year. It wasn't that I was severly injured, but my motivation and drive had taken a dive. I half heartedly wnet to the gym once or twice a week, and if I got a cold i'd just stop going entirely for a whole month or even two, until I could manage to muster up the motivation once more.

Towards mid to late 2011 I started getting pretty sick, with insanely debilitating abdomenal pains and cramps, something I've been living with since 2007. But it got to a point where it was really starting to scare me. I figured I knew exactly what the cause was. I didn't, and still don't know what the pain was from, but the cause, in my mind, was from weight gain and being unhealthy. It was what I needed to drive and motivate me back into running, and attending the gym.

And it worked.

I worked my arse off, and shed 12.5kg in 6 months. I have to admit I didn't do it in the most healthy way, as I was (i recognise now) severely restricting my calories, while also exercising a lot. But it got the ball rolling. Beginning of 2012 life got insanely hectic, but I managed to maintain my weight for the most part of the year.

Which brings me to now. My health goals for 2013 are to eat well, and plenty. Never will I eat 1400 or less calories ever again. My aim is to lose body fat, while maintaining, if possibly even building some lean muscle.

And my life goals at the moment are to seize the day, put myself out there to gain experience in my chosen career, and to do things I would never have thought of doing, in order to attain the things I've never had before.

thanks for reading :peaceful:

ili.

You have come to the right place.  To start out, you might look around and join a guild that seems like it's aimed in your direction.  If you aren't sure quite yet, come on into the adventurers guild - we're always having fun.  Look around the challenge forum and see what folks are doing & what sparks your interest.  Welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived