Forums are back in action! ×

Return to witch mountain...

So Im back. I joined last year, managed to do a Whole30, lost a little weight (15kgs over the year), and then finished study, moved cities (back closer to home - woohoo), and lost my mojo at some point.

And now im back. Mojo found and currently in regeneration mode.

I am 29, 102kgs (227ish lbs), 1.58m tall (hobbit-sized), and determined to be the hero of my own story for once and for all!

I turn 30 at the start of June. My goal is to be within the 80s by then (I'll be happy with 89.9). I think I last saw that number in 2007, so definitely time to get back there. I want to make my 30s the best decade yet, especially in regards to health and fitness.

I walk a little, and I am working on improving food habits the most (why do they make junk food so delicious?). Will add in the BBW too. I will set some goals so that I can join in the next challenge.

Any tips and support, will be greatly appreciated. Esepcially tips on how to regenerate that mojo further :)

My blog

Welcome Back! Like a Time Lord you shall regenerate and come back both you, and also improved! As for the regeneration of mojo all I can say there is that it will come in time, work on strength or speed or flexibility or whatever else your goals may include and the mojo will come.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Getting your eating under control is the key to your fitness (Steve says "you can't outrun your fork").  A good starting place is just to eat clean - pretty much ditch the processed food & drinks.  Don't worry is it paleo/primal/whatever, just eat real food.  You can substitute in some yummy stuff that you're probably skipping now, like nuts, avocado, and butter (in moderate amounts).  If you haven't started tracking calories yet, I'd recommend MyFitnessPal.com - it's very easy to use and will give you a good idea what your calorie target should be. 

For activity, the Beginner's body weight and walking are a great workout combination.  Hope to see you in the next challenge. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Getting your eating under control is the key to your fitness (Steve says "you can't outrun your fork").  A good starting place is just to eat clean - pretty much ditch the processed food & drinks.  Don't worry is it paleo/primal/whatever, just eat real food.  You can substitute in some yummy stuff that you're probably skipping now, like nuts, avocado, and butter (in moderate amounts).  If you haven't started tracking calories yet, I'd recommend MyFitnessPal.com - it's very easy to use and will give you a good idea what your calorie target should be. 

For activity, the Beginner's body weight and walking are a great workout combination.  Hope to see you in the next challenge. 

Yeah trying to just cut out the crap and eat real food is a great step for starters, thanks :)

Welcome Back! Like a Time Lord you shall regenerate and come back both you, and also improved! As for the regeneration of mojo all I can say there is that it will come in time, work on strength or speed or flexibility or whatever else your goals may include and the mojo will come.

Thank you kindly :)

My blog

As Laureleye said, keeping your food on track is super important, but baby steps! Don't overwhelm yourself or you'll lose your mojo again. I don't know how you eat, but if you eat a lot of junk food, try to cut it to once a week, if you drink a lot of soda every day, cut it down to one soda a day/every second day, same with candy or chocolate. Don't cut it out completely if it is something you eat/drink very, very often. You have to ease yourself into new habits.

Good luck with everything and see you around :)

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

As Laureleye said, keeping your food on track is super important, but baby steps! Don't overwhelm yourself or you'll lose your mojo again. I don't know how you eat, but if you eat a lot of junk food, try to cut it to once a week, if you drink a lot of soda every day, cut it down to one soda a day/every second day, same with candy or chocolate. Don't cut it out completely if it is something you eat/drink very, very often. You have to ease yourself into new habits.

Good luck with everything and see you around :)

Yeah junk food is my weakness more so than the others. So cutting that down is my priority at the moment. Im down to 2 or 3 times a week so thats a good improvement to start with, but my aim is to get that down to 0 :)

My blog

A start is a start! Well done for trying to get better! :D

Is it hard for you to be down to 2/3 times a week? If it is hard but still quite manageable, you can also try to cut down on your order, for example, instead of going for a full menu with burger/fries/coke/ice cream or whatnot, you can try to cut one item out

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

A start is a start! Well done for trying to get better! :D

Is it hard for you to be down to 2/3 times a week? If it is hard but still quite manageable, you can also try to cut down on your order, for example, instead of going for a full menu with burger/fries/coke/ice cream or whatnot, you can try to cut one item out

Well no, its not the most difficult thing ever. Its a convenience thing. Ive cut most things out, at the moment my weakness is the snack burgers at KFC of all things. Its really cheap, which i think is a big factor too. Its a very small burger (one patty, lettuce, mayo, small bun), small chips, and a can of drink. So I guess even that is better than what I used to get (ie a big mac combo or something). I need to find a way to create a chicken coating that tastes that good at home, and then ill be fine :)

My blog

Archived