Forums are back in action! ×

n00b reporting for duty.

Hey everyone.  :smile-new: 

My name is Lee, 22 years old and from England.

Looking all over for a place to get help from a friendly/knowledgeable website, spending yesterday reading through some of the forums, topics and blogs it looks as if I've stumbled upon the place.

MY Task:

Well, to put it simply, lose my obesity and become more active. 

I'm currently 252lbs, hopefully I can get down to 180lbs by November.

I've been following the beginners work out plan now for 5 days, along with a diet plan from the NHS. (which is being changed to the paleo diet from Thursday.

I've tried Dieting before, it's been effective but then I kinda give up after the first 2 weeks. 

I think my main failures all previous times were because I didn't have a diary or a solid exercise programme. This time thanks to the advice of this website I do, So hoping for better results/commitment this time round  :playful:

I have never ever used a forum before, or even told people about dieting plans/problems.

so this was the first step. 

Sorry if anyone actually read this and fell asleep and missed the bus or something. 

Hate to disappoint Lee, but I read the entire thing.  Congratulations getting your eating in order; that is the most important part of your fitness (Steve says "you can't outrun your fork").  You might want to look at MyFitnessPal.com if you are interested in an on-line food diary.  It's easy to use, and will give you a pretty sensible calorie target. 

I see you've been doing the ever-popular Beginner's body weight workout (my personal favorite).  You should limit this to 3 days/week, with a "rest" day between.  Your muscles and joints need that day to recover.  On your "rest" day, you can walk, run, bike, play football, or anything else.  You'll also want one total-rest day per week (I do walk a mile on my rest day to unkink my joints). 

Click on the CHALLANGE tab, and read up on the rules and FAQs so you're all ready to go for our next challange.  You might want to check out this thread, and visit some of the folks involved to see what they're doing. 

Good luck & if you need help, just give a shout.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived