Forums are back in action! ×

greetings & salutations

hello there, i am yet another n00blet making my way through the virtual world. i like space, strange art and play station 2 games. nice to meet you all :D

i'm about 118 lbs, 5'4, and a female-type. though i'm not overweight, i am pretty lazy :( i need to work out and learn to love my body. we haven't gotten along so well. i walk lots of places and pretty much vegan (except i cannot part myself from sweet sweet honey) but i can't run around a track without getting winded, i can't do lots of things that i want to do because i am uncomfortable in my skin. i feel like i have a horribly jiggly body so i wake up early to exercise so no one can see me; unfortunately lots of people had the same idea too, so i will have to deal with it somehow haha. 

for years i used to be a part of a forum for the eating disordered, on one hand it was 'supportive' to talk to people going through the same things. but i began to clearly see how competitive i was, and how i was using it to egg myself on into indulging in destructive habits and keeping secrets as well. i finally can just admit now that i wanna be healthy, and feel good, and i feel like this is the right place for me cause i am a bookworm as well as obsessed with nutrition and making healthy foods tasty (herbs! herbs on everything). i have always been more of a lurker than a poster but everyone seems really nice so i'm gonna make an effort to have more of a presence here. i don't know much about working out except how to run, sort of, so i am excited to try all this stuff and see what happens. i am overwhelmed with information but it's better than being underwhelmed and having nowhere to start. 

oh and i want to be a druid assassin, but not like a murderous assassin, the kind that swoops in and saves kittens from danger and distributes fruit tarts to good children, and then ninjas off into the night

{WOODLAND FAERY - level 1}

STR 2 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 3 WIS 4 CHA 2

the secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. really, it's a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free. - charles r. swindoll

Welcome to NF; I think you'll find lots of positive support here.  You may want to look at the free resources and look at some of the available workouts, including the ever-popular Beginner's Body Weight workout, which you can do at home with no jiggle-worries.  You also might want to invest in the Rebel Fitness Guide, which has a series of weight workouts. 

Click on the CHALLANGE tab, and look over the challange rules & FAQs, so you can be prepped and ready when our next challenge starts. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

ahh free resources are the best. the beginner workout looks perfect for my starting point, i'm glad to have somewhere to begin. thank you!

{WOODLAND FAERY - level 1}

STR 2 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 3 WIS 4 CHA 2

the secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. really, it's a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free. - charles r. swindoll

oh and i want to be a druid assassin, but not like a murderous assassin, the kind that swoops in and saves kittens from danger and distributes fruit tarts to good children, and then ninjas off into the night

Haha - I love this :) Welcome to the fold. I recommend the Beginners Bodyweight workout too. Its a great starting point, and is a good way to getting stronger and getting into the habit :)

My blog

Archived