Forums are back in action! ×

Day 1 Back in the Saddle and trying the Paleo Diet :)

Hello peeps :)

So hello I'm Simon and today I decided to stop being a fat bas***rd (lol) and get my arse back on my bike and finally do something about the way I eat.

Untill last November I'd been doing weightwatchers and cycling and had got down to 19 Stone 6 pounds (272 of the US pounds), but then I got bored to hell with WW.. yawnarama..

Anyway over christmas I drank and ate and this morning I weighed in a 20s 3.25lb ...  

which is according to this random site I found....

http://www.bmicalculators.org.uk/weight-conversion-chart.php

I'm off the flipping scale.. ouch!

So I guess its like 285 US LB :(

Time for a change, and having found this most excellent site a week or so back I decided last night I needed a change. I'm going to try and be as Paleo as possible, Its going to be tough, I'm a wheataholic and a half....

Anyway Hello, right to the blog I go to soak up some nerdish inspiration.

Love this place

......................................................................................................................................

DaddyChief.com :: WELCOME TO MY RANDOMLY SCATTY BRAIN...

Oh and I forgot to say I have just done 13 Miles on my bike and it felt way good, hard work at times but its incredible how you keep that base fitness, I may be over weight but put me on a bike and I can go, maybe not like the clappers but I can certainly ride.

......................................................................................................................................

Welcome, DaddyCheif!!

You'll find lots of nerds here are supporters of the paleo lifestyle (but if it's not your cuppa tea, there's plenty of rebels doing/eating other things too).

Are you going to join in the next six-week challenge? It starts in about a week's time. With all your cycling, maybe go check out the Scout's guild.

Huge welcome to ya!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Good job on your 13 mile bike ride! Paleo is a little tough to transition to at first (especially if you're a wheat/dairy lover (like me!!!)) but if you can make it past the first 8 days or so the cravings for wheat and such diminish considerably and you start feeling pretty darn good (*so sayeth the voice of experience* lol) 

I'd highly recommend joining the next 6 week challenge in whichever class guild you decide upon and doing all their mini-challenges that come up - it keeps you motivated and on track (and it's fun ^_^ )

Welcome to the Rebellion! 

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

Getting in your activity is great, however, remember that what you eat is 80-85% of your fitness.  There are a variety of ways to ease into a paleo diet.  As a first step while you're reading up on everything, you can always just stop eating processed/packaged foods (except for minimally processed foods like milk if you're going to keep dairy in your diet).  Good luck on your goals and hope to see you in the next challenge. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks for all your encouragement, very much appreciated indeed :)

I'm actually a little surprised at how little I am missing Bread & Milk, its only day 3 so we shall see. I had to go the shop today and et Pan O Chocolat for my wife (its her BD tomorrow) and some milk and it actually felt quite good knowing that I won't be having either of them. I consoled myself with some lovely tabasco, I have to do a search to find out if that really is paleo....

nope... whoops.. oh well not the end of the world.... I'll make my own fresh stuff next time.

I'm going to try for at least 30 days and see how I feel about stuff, having grown up as a Vegi (30 years) I'm used to watching what I eat.. well I was never a very healthy vegi, lots of cheese and bread.. hence the big tummy!

At 30 I decided to defect to the dark side and get jiggy with the carnivores, have to say I love eating meat, I'd like to buy better quality meat though, maybe with all the prossesed wheat crap I won't be buying I'll have more money for better welfare meat.

We used to get verg boxes fortnightly from these lovely people....

www.woodlandsfarm.co.uk/

the do meat too, I might look into starting it up again, I found myself getting a bit slack with paying though so it mounted up! Great variety and I liked the surprise factor.

If anything I just want to break the habit of eating cereal toast/milk/suger for breakfast, sandwich/pasta/cheese/ for lunch and carb loaded dinners.

So far I feel good, full of energy and not feeling like I'm missing anything. I learnt a few things, unfortunately after I had been to the shops about added ingredients, I kicked myself about some of the additives in some of the food I bought. Habits are hard to break.

On the whole though, its been Meat (Chicken, Beef (probably not grass fed...), Eggs (free range from local farm), veg, fruits, nuts and a few seeds, black coffee, green tea, water. I feel I'm on the right track, I'll tweek it over the next few weeks.

The only hiccup i foresee is a Stag do I'm going on, on the 2nd of March... lots of Beer and trying not to eat badly... hehe

Yes I need to join a clan and yes a challenge is in order!

Archived