Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to jump in to the Nerd Fitness community!!!

I'm 22 and moderately overweight. My initial weight loss goal is 30 lbs -- But I'd rather have a healthy body fat % and clothes that fit better than a number on a scale.

My favorite forms of exercise are dancing, swimming, and walking/running. I am willing to try any type of exercise/workout!

In March 2012, I fell off my bicycle and tore my PCL, which has made "explosive" or "high-impact" forms of exercise nearly impossible (the injury wasn't correctly diagnosed until July 2012). I've been in physical therapy for a while and I'm working to gain strength in my quads and hips to stabilize my knee. I'm currently unable to run for more than 2 minutes due to pain, and I can't jump, either. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can do both those things again!

I found Nerd Fitness because I'm really into LOTR, and came across "A Hobbit's Guide to Walking" in September. That was really the only form of exercise I could do at that time so I was looking for anything to inspire me to walk more.

So, my fellow nerds - let's do this. :joyous:

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

Welcome to Nerd fitness!

Sorry to hear about your knee, I don't know if you've already worked with it, but have you considered a pilates class?  Pilates was designed initially for dancers with injuries to help them recover, and it's extremely low impact.  It might help a little

Thanks for the suggestion, Vexate! I haven't thought about trying pilates as rehab, but it makes a lot of sense. Some of the things I'm doing in physical therapy have hints of pilates moves. I'll have to look in to classes near where I live.

Level 2 Half-Giant | Adventurer

**aspiring to Druid/Scout hybrid and Wood Elf-dom**

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 4.5 | WIS: 6.75 | CHA: 6

Walk to Mordor | Epic Quest | Recovery Journey

I have a why. This is my how.

Archived