Forums are back in action! ×

Personal Woots

SLB

I'm kind of stealing c0dege's idea here with his 'stream of woot' but am creating this thread for my achievements so I don't have to make a new one every time

So, last night - a personal best in benching! (20kg bar with 5kg either side) 30kg! - 7 reps!!!! I've wanted to get onto the big looking weights for a long time :)

60kg is the goal for this year so it's nice to be half way through and it's only February

(btw, 30kg=66lbs... it may not sounds like much but it's a lot to me :))

Just an update on my woots!

I had to stop training and generally pushing myself at the end of March since I had some tests done and my thyroid was really not doing well and it was recommended I focus on sleep and rest.

I did that for most of April and May- in the middle of June I started training again but with only 1 or 2 lifting sessions per week. (I also do spinning and zumba once a week for fun)

I've finally managed to get back up to a 30kg bench... it was frustrating starting from the bottom again but it was immensely satisfying to get to that weight again!

On the topic of weights... I can now deadlift 45kg! am going for the goal of bodyweight (around 60kg) by the end of this year.

However, even when I was loading up the 45kg bar a guy I'm friends with at the gym turned around to me and said 'wow, that's some really impressive weight to be working with there!' - it was awesome that someone noticed :) (and that they didn't judge me for lifting heavy)

Also, I have had 3 people tell me at the gym that I've lost loads of weight in the past couple of months (one of them used to be my trainer so the comment means more coming from him to me!)

Overall, September has been great!

Congrats on your achievements!!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

I went home with half an hour to spare before heading out to the gym... I then spent half an hour trying on all the trousers I own... they all fit BEAUTIFULLY!!! 6 months ago I was about to throw them all out due to my massive and rapid weight gain (BCP related) and I had all but given up on ever looking good in them again!

Major WOOT for me!

Archived