Forums are back in action! ×

Of Pain and Gain

Or how I learned to lose weight and grow stronger.

Well, will be trying to do that. I should explain.

Hi, I'm The_Captain. And no that is not my real name, as cool as it would be. I'm 21 years old Finn, born in the grimm woods of Northern Ostrobothnia. Oulu to be more precise. Don't worry if you don't know it, I moved away six months ago. I've read Nerd Fitness articles for couple of months, but only recently had the balls to sign up with the Rebellion and the guts to take control of my life.

I've been overweight for years, but now that I've left the nest and my mothers' kitchen and began the glamorous student life. Most of my food is either prepackaged stuff, loaded with carbs or really, really bad fats. The only moving I did/do is the random flailing on the dance floor in some clubs and that's only randomly. 

I've tried to get fit for years. But always I've fallen into the trap of growing bored and tired of the workouts. I realized that I need something to encourage me to move and better my self. And now my friend made bet that I would be 15kg (I'm european, i don't do pounds and all that) lighter in six weeks, I'll have to cook him a three course dinner. That's one of the reasons I've made this profile.

I'm going to start a battlelog on this site. I'm going to try to update it daily. I've also opened a Fitocrazy-account that ccan be found here: https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Sipri/?feed .I'm hoping that making my quest to self-betterment will make me keep up my workouts.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi!

Lvl 0, Half-Orc Arcane Warrior

Str0 Dex0 Sta0 Con0 Wis0 Cha0

And proud of those stats :nevreness:

Financial, or in this case culinary, incentives can be highly motivational. In the words of Yoda, "Do or Do Not, There is No Try". Trying to get fit will never work, just go for it and make it happen. Welcome to Nerd Fitness, home of awesome people like you.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

There is also a challenge that just started on Monday.  Some clean eating and get-moving goals might be just the thing.  You might find the healthy eating guide and the workouts in the free resources useful - just click the NERD FITNESS tab.  And welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived