Forums are back in action! ×

Hello 

My name is Rich and having looked through the site I am without a doubt a warrior class rebel residing in the Atlantic Outpost (aka the UK)

I am reasonably strong and built like a small house. I want to build up muscle and shed the fat. 

My weakness is my diet and my hate of running! 

I train 4-5 times a week for a minimum of an hour on 4 different routines for different body areas, day 5 is cardio.

to give you an indication of my current abilities 

My leg press tops out at 3 reps 3 sets on 450kg

I dead lift 165kg (10 reps 3 sets)  (which needs improvement) 

and bench 80kg (10 reps 3 sets)

I squat 155kg and that again is 10 reps 3 sets. 

my weaknesses are my core which needs improvement to boost my lifting and the fat i carry which is the product of a desk job and a poor diet. 

Basically I am looking for all the food tips I can be given and the support as i would like to at some point soon attempt Paleo for 30 days as a started and break my addiction to bread and pasta. 

What can I offer? I don't really know, if i see anything I know about it will be sure to pass on what i know 

Nice to meet you all 

Level 3 Half Orc Warrior 

Just another 15kg each side it will be fine

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 5| STA: 9 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 4

You can start out by just cleaning up your diet - drop the processed/packaged foods, and add fruits, veggies, nuts, nut butter, avocados.  You can keep brown rice, quoinoa, and milk if you like.  If you decide later to go paleo, you'll have already be 80% of the way there. 

If you hate running, find something else to do.  A rowing machine?  Yoga (that would sure help your core)?  If you're going to be a warrior, you don't need to run, right? 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I strongly recommend yoga (and planks, planks are awesome) to increase your core strength. Some Poses are just ridicolously hard to pull off.

Paleo diet is really helpful in losing weigth, and feeling better, more energetic every day. It's also easy to remember and once you got rid of all the crap food in your house, rather easy to stick to. Welcome! And best of luck :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Thanks for the replies

I am starting to figure out that it may be a while before I can go whole paleo for 30 days, but I am aiming to start with cleaning out the house, then I can really manage one aspect and ,ove forward from there.

Rowing has never been a problem, and the only reason I want to run is for rugby. I figure if I can catch them I can smash them.

As for planks oh yes they are awesome* they are in my current plan, I haven't ever really looked at yoga to be honest, I may grab some tips and see if I can research out a beginners video to follow.

I am going to get my signature sorted in a while we will have to see what attributes I assign myself.

Nive to meet you both!

*I am lying I hate them

Level 3 Half Orc Warrior 

Just another 15kg each side it will be fine

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 5| STA: 9 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 4

Archived