Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie & an 'embarrassing' push-up question

Hi All - 

I found the site because I stumbled across Staci's story and I was totally intrigued.  The more I read through this site, the more I realized a lot of the ideals matched mine, so here I am!

I am a 32 year old web developer who has struggled with my weight my whole life.  Then when I was 20, I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, which has just added to the weight yo-yoing.  I'm 5'5'' and have been everything from 130 to 176.  I've completed lots of races, including two half marathons and a full marathon - but I really don't like running unless I'm with other people.  It's torture alone.  I just recently made my peace with food so that I stop beating myself up for eating unhealthy stuff and don't exercise like an obsessed person - now I'm trying to get back into healthy living with reasonable expectations.  I bought the Rebel Strength Guide and am slowly integrating more Paleo-style meals and just started the Basic Training last night.  I also enjoy yoga, pilates, spin, and kickboxing (though I'm going to focus on strength training primarily and do the other stuff just for fun).

And here's my embarrassing question.  Has anyone else tried to do a push-up and then realized that your belly hit the floor before your chest even got close?  I was mortified!  Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Anyway, hi everyone!

Try tightening your abs and make sure your back is straight.  If you've got enough of a paunch it may still hit first but that will help.

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Archived