Forums are back in action! ×

Not a milestone, but a HUGE step forward.

TheBBP

My BIG accomplishment was actually getting into the gym tonight.

I have not been in a gym in years.  I joined a new local gym in the fall and have been all but once.  I have this mental thing with being the huge fat guy in the gym (I am 450+).  It is humiliating.  I was once a Marine and after the Corps I got into lifting and started getting big (in the good way).  Anyways, to make a long story short, over the next decade plus I gained a massive amount of weight.  Now, I am trying to get back to where I was.

Being ashamed to even be in the gym with the likes of fit folks is a huge mental thing to get over.  Tonight I went to my gym and did every planned exercise and every planned rep and the universe did not laugh at me for it.  I feel so good right now that I actually plan on sticking with it and hitting it again on Wednesday.  I do not want to look any further than that and am just going to take this one workout at a time.

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

Congratulations!!!

I see that almost every day- people being uncomfortable in their own skin and the environment that happens around them.  The biggest thing is- YOU ARE THERE.

Which means you've conquered half the battle.  Just showing up on a regular basis to work will is steps ahead of many people. You'll soon become part of the gym "environment" and you'll get sucked right in and it won't be weird at all- you'll realize people aren't paying attention to you- they just want to work out and move on to their families at home.  

get into that rhythm and work hard- no one will bother you and you'll feel great!!  huzzah for baby steps!!! :)

My BIG accomplishment was actually getting into the gym tonight.

I have not been in a gym in years.  I joined a new local gym in the fall and have been all but once.  I have this mental thing with being the huge fat guy in the gym (I am 450+).  It is humiliating.  I was once a Marine and after the Corps I got into lifting and started getting big (in the good way).  Anyways, to make a long story short, over the next decade plus I gained a massive amount of weight.  Now, I am trying to get back to where I was.

Being ashamed to even be in the gym with the likes of fit folks is a huge mental thing to get over.  Tonight I went to my gym and did every planned exercise and every planned rep and the universe did not laugh at me for it.  I feel so good right now that I actually plan on sticking with it and hitting it again on Wednesday.  I do not want to look any further than that and am just going to take this one workout at a time.

Congrats, brother!  You did great! :D  I see you're sleeping soundly due to the iron this morning, but I look forward to hearing all about the grizzly details of your adventure when you arrive on the forums :)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Tonight I went to my gym and did every planned exercise and every planned rep and the universe did not laugh at me for it.  I feel so good right now that I actually plan on sticking with it and hitting it again on Wednesday.  I do not want to look any further than that and am just going to take this one workout at a time.

That's how it's done! I would even vouch to say that the universe is most certainly not laughing, but rather is rootin' you on with a fist pump!

One step at a time, man. We're all proud of you!

Thanks folks, I am feeling elated this morning (as well as properly thrashed).

“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

Semper Fi Do Or Die!!! WHAT AN AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT!!

Honestly, you were in amazing shape and because your body will remember what it's like to workout your progress is going to go faster than many other people :) We are all really excited to see you track your progress! Are you gonna come into this challenge or wait for the next one?

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Semper Fi Do Or Die!!! WHAT AN AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT!!

Honestly, you were in amazing shape and because your body will remember what it's like to workout your progress is going to go faster than many other people :) We are all really excited to see you track your progress! Are you gonna come into this challenge or wait for the next one?

Challenge?  How far behind am I?

yay!  did you enter berserker mode?

but yeah, the one thing to keep in mind is that, most of all, the gym is there for people like you and me that NEED the help to get to where the fit people already are.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

That's great man, kick fucking ass!!!

I genuinely hope you keep it up, if you're unhappy with what you are now, you can always change it. You just need the willpower and anger.

Part of my training involves anger, turning it into a positive! Get angry and lift! Get angry and run the extra mile!!

Not that I'm angry, but if I'm pissed off from work, I use that! 

Happy sweating!!

Go BIG, or go home.

Not so far you can't get in on the current challenge. We have 2.5 weeks left, enough to get started in the routine of working out regularly.

I am getting in the routine now.  I will jump in on the next challenge.  Thank you for the invite!

Archived