Forums are back in action! ×

Every Great Adventure has a Beginning

About a year ago I found Nerd Fitness and read a few articles, loving the concept behind the website. But I soon forgot about it and fell into a cycle of on-again, off-again workouts. Through it all I discovered that I did have a love for outdoor running, completing my first two 5k races in 2012. A few weeks ago my wife and I started an 8 Week Wellness program and have been getting personal training sessions twice a week, and we will have that for another four weeks. But I know the real challenge in this fitness adventure will come after that program ends, since I will go from at least 2 days of working out to a required 0 days. I don't want to reach that point again!

Something triggered my memory on Friday last week and I found myself on Nerd Fitness again, reading some more articles and signing up on the email list. This morning I'm joining the great Rebel community to try and gain support and accountability. It feels great to be moving in the right direction and I want to continue that momentum!

When we started the program I was 215 pounds, standing at 5' 4", with a very poor hip-to-waist ratio. I'm almost back down to my size 36 jeans that are in my closet (they fit, but are tight still, so I'm sticking to my 38 for now). I started to log my excercises yesterday, having worked out on my own the past two mornings. I'd say I'm on my way down the path to get my first level-up in life...I just have a few more rats to kill before I get that first ding. I look forward to getting to know some of you here and plotting out my path to level 50. :)

Paladin

Level 1 Dwarven Scout

2 STR  |  3 DEX  |  3 STA  |  2 CON  |  3 WIS  |  2 CHA

Battle Log  |  Current Challenge: Paladin's Return to the Road

"Fat doesn't get sore, muscle does." Doctor Wes Nyberg

Archived