Forums are back in action! ×

Recent small success, time to make it big.

Hi all, 

Short-time lurker, long-time fitness daydreamer. I've spent the past 8 years making on and off plans to get fit and going through exercise kicks and various healthy eating attempts. I'm turning 25 in a few months and think it's ridiculous I've not managed to do anything but put on a couple stone in the past several years. 

Over the last couple of months I've dropped about 7 pounds, and though I am questioning the accuracy of the scales, I can now fit into my suit trousers almost comfortably, so I've definitely made some progress. I found Nerd Fitness through the Art of Manliness website and have been thinking about joining up for a few weeks now, since I'm feeling like I might actually be able to accomplish some fitness goals with the motivation of my recent small victory. 

I'm signed up for a 50 mile bike ride the day after my birthday in June, so I've got just under three months to get ready for that, and I would like to add on some muscle so when I shift the rest of this weight I'll not be left looking like a rake.

I'm a fantasy fan, of Terry Pratchett especially (the way his protagonists tackle life resonates with me), small time sci-fi geek, aspiring hippy and committed dilettante... although one day I hope to settle down with an art form I love.

Looking forward to the adventure here and turning life into a game. 

I just finished Terry Pratchett's Dodger, which I found pretty fun.  I think I've read everything he's written, including his "children's" books (okay, not Where's my Cow....)  Sounds like you've made a good solid start, and you just need to keep up your momentum.  If you click on the CHALLENGE tab, and go to the FAQs, you can read up on what you need to do to be ready for our next challenge, which starts in about 2 weeks.  A challenge is a great way to stay focused on some short-term goals.  Welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Laureleye they are just all good books. I need to get back to work. They holidays have made me so unmotivated. Need some structure. The challenge sounds like a good plan, better get on it. 

Nicole, I would have loved the scouts, but I think I'm gonna be a bit old now? Turning 25 soon. 

Laureleye they are just all good books. I need to get back to work. They holidays have made me so unmotivated. Need some structure. The challenge sounds like a good plan, better get on it. 

Nicole, I would have loved the scouts, but I think I'm gonna be a bit old now? Turning 25 soon. 

I'm assuming you're either joking or that you thought that she was talking about the boy scouts. If it's the last one, she's talking about the scout guild here at Nerdfitness :D

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived