Forums are back in action! ×

Spring has sprung!

Fishercat

I've been out walking and I am starting to see lots of signs that spring is here. Spring is my favorite time of year and I hate to miss a thing. But So many times I rush through life and miss it. I have been noticing the spring peepers and the chorus frogs are singing. Which is my favorite. :-) What have you seen and what is your favorite part of spring?

"It is hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off"

Florence and the Machine

The Cherry Blossom trees on our street are all in bloom.You drive down the street and you see pink fluffy flowers everywhere. On my walk I could hear birds chirping all around me. And its warm...ahh warmth.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Yea these 25 degree days with really strong winds aren't fun...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

We've got cherry trees blossoming, too, including the one in our front yard! (I hope it does well this year -- last summer it gave very little fruit.) 

Our garden's first tulip (yellow!) is also cracking open, and we have a single daffodil. :)

Now I'm just hoping it warms up soon, I've missed the sunshine.

Dúnadan Ranger

Level 2

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

Current 6-Week Challenge

Spring has not arrived here yet.  Would you mind expressposting it on up?

Thanks.

Hmmm maybe I can copy and paste. I'm afraid if I just send it to you, we'll be back to our normal spring pattern of rain,rain, and then some more rain

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hmmm maybe I can copy and paste. I'm afraid if I just send it to you, we'll be back to our normal spring pattern of rain,rain, and then some more rain

Well, I don't blame you for wanting to hold on to your fair share, I can't hold that against you.

Plus its certainly not close to spring here yet.  Isn't it even a bit early for spring in Tunder Bay?

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

It's 34 here right now... but if you look ahead in the forecast, they are saying 57 on Sunday, 64 on Monday, and 68 on Tuesday!!! So it looks like it may be just around the corner :D

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

The suns outside right now, but it could be a trap.

Gonna try to go outside with my jump rope and see how it goes.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

27 degrees this morning. 50 in the afternoon is still a little to cold for me to want to go outside to run in the wind.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

About 30-40 degrees out...

Still went outside and did my morning exercises though!

Good way to wake up I would say!

Not yet Spring here in DC based on temperature. Had my first game for Spring Volleyball last night, and playing in 50 degree weather was not fun. Spring should hopefully arrive next week :)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I'm in Massachusetts and even though the temps are cool the animals are responding to the lengthing days.  For example, the birds are signing and establishing territories and some already have eggs such as swans and herons. 

"It is hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off"

Florence and the Machine

You know it's spring here when it snows, then melts, then snows, then melts, then snows again!  Also the ice is starting melt and you need to make sure your snowmobile is going fast enough so that you don't lose it in the lake!  Another couple weeks and it will be time to put it away for the winter....  :(

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Super not-Spring here, actually started a thread hating on Winter the other day.

But it is getting lighter out and the temp is slowly rising, but we reset back to the negatives every night and there's still a crap ton of snow and ice. 

My favourite part about Spring is sunny showers. I love the refreshing drizzle of rain and the bright sunlight. It makes all the colours pop - I'm hoping that I can catch a lunchtime stroll out to the huge park by my campus this summer with those conditions. It'd make my day.

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Too hot last night! 75 degrees and I had the fan on and woke up sweating. I cant wait for the cold front to move back in. #doingitwrong

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

It's snowing on and off again here today.  *sigh*  

I did spot some daffodils the other day which was nice, how long they'll last if it stays cold though... who knows.

Roll on being able to leave the house without hat, scarf and gloves!! 

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

Archived