Forums are back in action! ×

Winter, I am tired of your shit.

The Mouse

So, it's early April, yeah? Time for butterfiles and springtime and rainbows, yeah?

No.

Not in my town. Not in my neck of the West Canadian woods.

Winter, that snowfall this weekend? Not cool, man. Not cool.

And stop icing up my roads! Got in my first run of the season this morning, but my thighs and ass were so frozen they got numb by the time I got back home! Not cool, Winter. Not cool.

/rant.

How's the weather where you are? Anyone else hating on Winter right now?

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Winter isn't over until after the Victoria Day snowfall in May!  Anyone who says otherwise is a warm-weather wimp.

If you adopt that attitude, it makes shovelling 10 cm of snow on April 7 a lot more tolerable.

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

Winter's grasp is still firm here in the Yukon, but its been above 0 for a couple of days now!  We actually don't get a whole bunch of snow, and its really dry here so it normally doesn't take much to get the snow melted.  There's still quite a bit around yet though.  It will be at least a month before I start calling the weather "spring"

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

ZOMG- it was so hot today- when I was driving back from headquarters to my office- I took off my long sleeve sweater- and wore my tank top- both windows down- my hot mess of my hair blowing everywhere.

Then I stopped at old navy and got 3 little henley shirts and a pair of khaki's... and a super awesome stripped pencil skirt that's probably not appropriate for work but I'm going to wear it anyway.

I know it's premature- b/c well- it's going to get cold again- but eff it.  I want it to be springey already!!!

-20C this morning lol. Finish work. Gah its so hot. Look over, it says -5C... 

Don't forget about the May snow... and June sometimes... really any month.

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

S. Ontario here, and we keep getting 'Hey, look, spring is here, get out the shorts and t-shirts for running and dust off those shades!' followed very shortly by 'Ha, just kidding, here's some rain/sleet/snow for you to enjoy! And a weather-induced migraine to go with it!!'. Repeat ad nauseam. I'm a fan of winter, it's my favourite season, but holy, I'm tired of it this year. I'm not looking forward to summer, but a bit of real, lasting spring would be nice...

Dare mighty things

Midcoast Maine here. We had a nice day yesterday, Mid 60s, and today its maybe 42 out right now and rainy. LEAST ITS NOT SNOW!!!!!!!!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Actually pleasant in Ireland, dunno the temp, but it's running weather!!

I'll be living in West Canada soon (fingers crossed) so I'll be getting used to the cold soon enough

If by west Canada you mean Vancouver, don't worry about it, it doesn't get cold there.  It rains a lot though.

I was there in February this year and there was green grass everywhere.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Oisin, you'll be fine - Vancouver is rainy, but not so much snowy. Plus, when it's nice in the summer it's freakin' beautiful.

I'm jealous of those with temperate weather or not snow, but I'll have to hang on to my winter when it comes to swapping for a crazy summer. I die in hot weather, though I've been feeling that change as I get more and more fit.

I'm relieved at least that there's some other still cold weather out there. Good to know Winter's being an overall ass, not just hating on my city.

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

CHALLENGE

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

I love my sunshine, but I do love the feeling of mysticism when the first snowfall lands - especially if it's a huge thick blanket that you can easily lose a small dog in. >w<

I'm not so sure, though, how I'd fare in constantly gray/drizzly weather - I'm considering Vancouver/BC in the long-term, but I get super bad weather moods if there's no sun for several months at a time. 

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

CHALLENGE

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Whoa - that's crazy Littlewings!

Is a final cancellation a good thing, though? Or does it mean deferral 'till end of Fall 2013?

Most likely a deferral to the 20th (when I was supposed to finish school on the 16th) ... and I have 2 exams on the same day. And also booked a hotel/mini roadtrip with a few friends that weekend to celebrate the end of exams, which we can't get a refund on. >.o But other than that, a little extra time to study wouldn't be so bad.

Also relevant:

521855_10151483268017108_1177729030_n.jp

FUUUU- that suuuucks. I hope the exams go really well for you, though. Hopefully you and your friends can find an alternative.

0A0;;;;

S...S...S-spring installation... FAILED?! 

Bring me the flamethrower. I'm doing a hard reset.

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

CHALLENGE

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Archived