Forums are back in action! ×

This Is More of A Level Up in School/Career, but....

sneaky

I am a freshman in college majoring in microbiology, and hoping to pursue a career in a lab environment. I've applied and been rejected from more labs than I want to think about. Everyone I talked to told me to be patient and wait, that I was only a freshman and labs want juniors and seniors who are already more knowledgable. Well guess who has a position in one of their professors' labs? If you said sneaky, than you would be correct. I am so f'ing excited!!!!

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

Strength: II

Dexterity: III

Stamina: III

Constitution: II

Wisdom: II

Charisma: II

Thanks :) I meet with him on Thursday to discuss when I start and what I'd be doing (heck I'll be happy to be a glorified cleaning lady labeled as a lab tech as long as I get to see what they work on).

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

while at college I always hated microbiology labs the most - I was always more of theory fan, not practice in labs - but then I did my Master Thesis under our coolest profesor who teached ... microbiology :) so life can be weird sometimes.

Anyways, congrats on getting the position and have fun :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Thank you :) I'm using micro as a kind of stepping stone to later get into parasitology, virology, or epidemiology (haven't completely decided which yet, but so far I'm leaning toward parasites) since there aren't majors for those specifically, I have to wait until grad school to really get in depth with one.

Level 1 Pixie Adventurer

One man said: Work hard and you can have anything you want in life :)

so go get them girl :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Archived