Forums are back in action! ×

Last chance.. for a while.. ?

Hi!

New here to nerd fitness. I must say, I love the concept! :) I've been into health and trying to get healthy for quite some time. Haven't been overly obese, but haven't been on a healthy weight for the last 12 years. I started to gain weight when I quit playing sports on a regular basis (due to some foot issues) and got stuck in front of the computer with my MUD. And there I've been ever since. Now I work with web/film stuff.

Over the last 5 years I've managed to lose 40 pounds, 15 of them in the last two months. Although I'm losing weight it's like a roller coaster.. Sometimes it's up, and sometimes it's down. I exercise regularly and ran a 5k in 30 mins a bit over one week ago. (indoors, but 6 months since I ran) Exercise isn't really the problem. I need a proper diet 'cause I need it to stick! I have tried multiple counting calorie sites without any luck, and most days my calorie intake is 1500 or less.I keep it up for a month or two then the motivation just go down hill.

Now, I'm getting married in August, and I would love to look my best in my dress at that point. Also, health. :)

I have faith in this, 'cause nerdy things are fun. :) 

Yah.. That's a little bit about me.. :)

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

Welcome~!

Glad to hear you're active! :3

I'm working more on being regularly active, but I think having a stable summer schedule and the gym right next door to me will help. 

As for diet, I used to do calorie counting too - lost about 10lbs on it, but 5 came back and I found I lost a lot of strength (I could barely lift 10lbs). I've been researching around and am in no way an expert, but recently I've lost 7lbs just by cutting down on carbs. Steve's a big believer in the saying that "abs are made in the kitchen" and I definitely agree after doing my own digging. 

I started with looking at Paleo/Primal and then slowly discovered low-carbing and keto. I'm shifting more towards a keto diet because it makes the most sense to me and I'll switch to primal when I'm at maintenance. 

I suggest doing a good amount of digging around, and for sure try to watch the documentary Fathead (I prefer the second half, which talks about carbs and their effect in our body). If you want, I can share some links. :3

Congratulations on your wedding! A cousin of mine is getting married in August as well and that's my timeline as well. We can do it!

Welcome to the Rebellion, Urzie! >w<

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

welcome!  well I've done paleo only for a little bit but I feel a lot better.   with going paleo I haven't bothering with counting anything.  The simple fact that I switched from vegetable and meats instead of processed/carbs makes a huge difference in how full I feel. Pre-paleo I could eat 5 bowls of cereal and not really feel different.  Switching the type of food and quality of food wasn't an instant difference, but I sure feel it now.  Will you be doing the 6-week challenge coming up?  gl and have fun.

I have a cousin getting married in September and I'd like to fit in the suits in my closet again.  Good luck and welcome!

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Welcome~!

Glad to hear you're active! :3

I'm working more on being regularly active, but I think having a stable summer schedule and the gym right next door to me will help. 

As for diet, I used to do calorie counting too - lost about 10lbs on it, but 5 came back and I found I lost a lot of strength (I could barely lift 10lbs). I've been researching around and am in no way an expert, but recently I've lost 7lbs just by cutting down on carbs. Steve's a big believer in the saying that "abs are made in the kitchen" and I definitely agree after doing my own digging. 

I started with looking at Paleo/Primal and then slowly discovered low-carbing and keto. I'm shifting more towards a keto diet because it makes the most sense to me and I'll switch to primal when I'm at maintenance. 

I suggest doing a good amount of digging around, and for sure try to watch the documentary Fathead (I prefer the second half, which talks about carbs and their effect in our body). If you want, I can share some links. :3

Congratulations on your wedding! A cousin of mine is getting married in August as well and that's my timeline as well. We can do it!

Welcome to the Rebellion, Urzie! >w<

Yah, I have a gym right next door as well, though it's waaaay to expensive with the wedding and all. Will have to stick to outdoors and my self. I agree with the diet thing. Though it's finding the right food to eat. I recently stumbled onto paleo diet, that's how i found this site, and have been trying to follow it. It's been a week with no sugar and grains, barely any dairy. Going off sugar have never been this easy before! I have barely any cravings at all! I personally don't have much faith in keto, mostly 'cause my brother tried and crashed, but if it works for you and you like it, that's great! 

I'll get around to watching Fathead. Links are much appreciated! 

Gl on your making timeline! :)

welcome!  well I've done paleo only for a little bit but I feel a lot better.   with going paleo I haven't bothering with counting anything.  The simple fact that I switched from vegetable and meats instead of processed/carbs makes a huge difference in how full I feel. Pre-paleo I could eat 5 bowls of cereal and not really feel different.  Switching the type of food and quality of food wasn't an instant difference, but I sure feel it now.  Will you be doing the 6-week challenge coming up?  gl and have fun.

I hear you. I haven't been hangry at all the last week, which I can say my bf do enjoy. :) Stomach is not at it's best now though, used to having a stomach that could handle everything, but I'm guessing there's a transitional period? I think i'll go for the challenge, gotta check out what it's all about first though. :P

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

Archived