Forums are back in action! ×

Strange Food

Evicious

What are some food(s) you find yourself craving or simply discovered that you enjoy that most people make weird faces when they see you eat?

For me, it's spaghetti with jalapenos. People can't seem to stop themselves from staring when they see me put the peppers on it - and I get some really fun faces while they watch me eat it.

(And just to clarify, NO, I am NOT pregnant!)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I honestly eat just about everything. Growing up on a farm we had lots of "off" cuts, so a random craving for something like beef heart and tongue is not unheard of! It really grosses my husband out.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

I honestly eat just about everything. Growing up on a farm we had lots of "off" cuts, so a random craving for something like beef heart and tongue is not unheard of! It really grosses my husband out.

I hear ya! I have a definite affinity for liver and tongue, but I have to cook it when my roommates aren't around; if they catch me, they give me such a hard time for it! XD

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Tuna and peanut butter.  I discovered this one day after a workout when it was the only thing left in my house to eat.   I was surprised how tasty it was.

Oh and Prairie Oysters.  I get sooo many comments when I eat them, they are delicious! 

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Those little whole squids that they put in some italian dishes or at chinese buffets. At chinese buffet they're usually called black pepper squids, are whole and 2-3 inches long, and white and purple.  I love em, grosses a lot of people out.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

^^Gaarooosss! *makes face*

I dunno if I eat weird stuff. I don't think I do. Lemme think.. oh.. when we were kids, our mother used to make rice with chicken hearts in it that we used to eat. At the time I thought it was rank.. later it became something yummy.

We used to eat bbq'd goat spleens too. Those were yum. lol.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I hear ya! I have a definite affinity for liver and tongue, but I have to cook it when my roommates aren't around; if they catch me, they give me such a hard time for it! XD

^^Gaarooosss! *makes face*

I dunno if I eat weird stuff. I don't think I do. Lemme think.. oh.. when we were kids, our mother used to make rice with chicken hearts in it that we used to eat. At the time I thought it was rank.. later it became something yummy.

We used to eat bbq'd goat spleens too. Those were yum. lol.

Yay, other PETAs! :) (People Eating Tasty Animals, for the uninitiated.) The only difference I've ever tasted between organ meat and the normal muscle cuts was a more pronounced "mineral-y" flavor: other than that, meat's always just been meat to me.

Peanut butter on anything mint flavored

This, I will have to try... I'm attempting to put the two flavors together in my head, but I'm not coming up w/ anything exactly nom-able... still, you never know if you'll like it 'til you try it!

I love getting a wrap with garlic mayo, tuna & sweetcorn, streaky bacon and cheese.

So, incredibly, tasty.

How could people think that's wierd? That sounds amazing!

Tuna and peanut butter.  I discovered this one day after a workout when it was the only thing left in my house to eat.   I was surprised how tasty it was.

Oh and Prairie Oysters.  I get sooo many comments when I eat them, they are delicious! 

Tuna.... and peanut butter.... ok, I can imagine that... but Prairie Oysters, brrrrr! Never could get used to the texture - which is strange, considering all the other "off" cuts of meat I find perfectly acceptable... maybe it's just a mental thing.

Those little whole squids that they put in some italian dishes or at chinese buffets. At chinese buffet they're usually called black pepper squids, are whole and 2-3 inches long, and white and purple.  I love em, grosses a lot of people out.

Spent a year stationed in Korea. Those little squid were my initiation into the wild and wonderful world that is Korean food! :)

Roasted bone marrow! Creamy delicious marrow!

YES!!!!! I'll spend hours sucking the marrow out of BBQ'd ribs, and I've been known to steal other people's "finished" leftovers - how can you call it finished if you can't see through it?

Spam rice and eggs, comfort breakfast food combo of choice. Slice up spam, fry til edges crisp. Scrambled eggs. Rice, or even better w/ garlic rice.

One of these days I want to go to SpamJam in Hawaii.

I'd never tried Spam until a fellow soldier got a can from his family while we were in AFG. I have no idea where he managed to scrounge up the pan from, but we poked some holes through a small metal trash can, collected up leftover plywood from earlier office "modifications", and put a bit of wire fencing across the top to sit the pan on... he cooked it up and I stole the rice from the Chow Hall tent, and we had a FEAST fit for kings that night! Ah, the memories.... ^_^ I will love Spam 'til the day I die - though I'll probably never eat it again.

Keep up the momentum!

Tuna.... and peanut butter.... ok, I can imagine that... but Prairie Oysters, brrrrr! Never could get used to the texture - which is strange, considering all the other "off" cuts of meat I find perfectly acceptable... maybe it's just a mental thing..

I think it's a mental thing for most people.  For me it's more of a "seasonal" delicacy when all the neighbours get together during branding season.  They do taste better cut, cleaned, and cooked on the same day, but I think that goes for most meat.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Oh.....you're talking about bull testicles. I don't know if I could eat a guys junk, or a gals junk (in that way) haha. Just like I don't want to eat eyes

Haha yes, but they're just small ones not the giant ones from fully grown bulls!  I don't know if I could wrap my mind around that.  I would try eyeballs at least once.  I'll try anything once! :D

I make what the roomies and refer to as 'stinky eggs' and what my little sister calls 'death eggs.' It's a very simple recipe beat eggs to a froth, add chopped garlic, garlic powder, pepper, and a little bit of HP sauce. Add the eggs to a pan of left over stuff (I really like using grilled chicken and potatoes) and let everything cook until the eggs are dark brown and the whole kitchen stinks. I then cover the entire mess in ketchup and open a window so one tries to kill me in my sleep. 

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

I'll eat chilli with anything and everything. I'm completely obsessed. :-D

LUUURRVE chilli! But I tend to... erm... "blow people away" if I'm not careful, y'know what I mean? X-D

Oh.....you're talking about bull testicles. I don't know if I could eat a guys junk, or a gals junk (in that way) haha. Just like I don't want to eat eyes

So then, no caviar of any kind for you? (Which is another food I'll get stared at for eating in polite company.) Eyeballs are kinda interesting to eat though; something about the mouthfeel, like animal-flavored grapes with a soggy center.... not bad, but... interesting.

I make what the roomies and refer to as 'stinky eggs' and what my little sister calls 'death eggs.' It's a very simple recipe beat eggs to a froth, add chopped garlic, garlic powder, pepper, and a little bit of HP sauce. Add the eggs to a pan of left over stuff (I really like using grilled chicken and potatoes) and let everything cook until the eggs are dark brown and the whole kitchen stinks. I then cover the entire mess in ketchup and open a window so one tries to kill me in my sleep. 

LOL That actually sounds pretty fantastic! I do something similiar sometimes when I'm in a hurry and I have too many little leftovers in the fridge, but I don't cook it as long. Ever tried substituting the HP with Sriracha? ZOMG FLAVOR-POCALYPSE!

Then again, that's anything w/ Sriracha. I put that on my spaghetti too. And my sandwiches. And pizza. And pretty much anything that doesn't have an overtly contradictory flavor - which is EVERYTHING. ^_^

4.png

Keep up the momentum!

Eyeballs are kinda interesting to eat though; something about the mouthfeel, like animal-flavored grapes with a soggy center.... not bad, but... interesting.

Dear god! You're not selling it for me, I have to say....

I was a big fan of pickled beef tongue when I had it, and bone marrow is delicious. I has whole barbecued octopus once, there were 4 little ones on a stick. They were good 'til I got to the last one, which was a bit bigger and also cold by that time. It was chewy and squirted in my mouth when I took a bite, and that was too much for me. 

I'll try most anything once. I draw the line at insects (for no good reason other than that it's yick in my head) and some organ meat (I could be convinced for some things, but no liver, eew!)

Dare mighty things

I will only draw the line at insects and reptiles. I've eaten durian, meaty extras, kangaroo, whole prawns (shell included), raw fish and meats, chicken feet, black bean jelly, and a few other things people might consider odd. 

Things I want to try are blood sausage, rabbit, eels, head cheese and urchins.

Fight now, cry later.

My Opa used to make tongue but I think he would boil it or something because after he could sort of "spread" it on bread....yuck.  But I would try it one day...just not from him.

Going for Sashimi on Friday!

Archived