Forums are back in action! ×

Boston Marathon - what the heck?

Thilde

Anyone else find it odd that no one has taken responsibility for the attack?

I encourage all of you to donate blood, if you can, no matter where you are located. The blood the people donated in Boston won't be available for use for a couple weeks until it all gets tested. That blood will be used to replenish the stock that was used to help the victims. So go help out your local hospital and make sure they never have a shortage when they most need it.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

I offer a moment of silence to honor all the victims in this atrocity. My brother and sister-in-law live in Boston. Fortunately they wrote to us saying that they are fine. If only the world would focus on improving themselves than holding grudges and starting wars...

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

I am grateful that most of the news reports and even people on my Facebook feed refrained from wild speculation. Sure, there was some misinformation (i.e. what was initially reported as an explosion at the JFK library was actually just a seemingly inrelated fire), but that was largely kept to a minimum.

I don't usually get emotional about things like this, or at least I didn't used to. I was almost bawling on my commute to work because I made the mistake of listening to the radio and I heard a terrible story from a reporter who was right by the finish line when it happened. It was something he saw between a young boy and what he thinks was the boy's father and I think it afftected me because I've got kids and also because it's right in my backyard. Just a horrific thing.

I truly hope whoever is responsible for this is caught and soon.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

the one good thing about where and when this happeend is that there's a lot of photographic and video evidence for the police to piece together the events that led up to the explosion.  Give it some time, we'll figure out who did it.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

This senseless act of violence to my wonderful Boston makes me so sad. I don't understand why someone would want to randomly hurt anyone else and I hope I never do.

I have been able to account for my family that were at the race and I am glad to hear no rebels or their loved ones seem to have been hurt.

"It is hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off"

Florence and the Machine

I am sorry if this post comes across as to harsh or two agressive but this is my opinion. The ones responsible for this attack have become the lowest forms of life on this planet. On their level are those that commit geneside, and thsoe who attacked the world trade center. They are not people they are rabbid animals and deserve to be put down as such. We do not need them becoming a burden on the tax payers dollars living in a federally funded jail. The world will be a better place without scum like those who feel the need to kill numerous innocents to TRY and make their point. (these feelings do not apply to the military. They have a different set of standards and are to held accountable to those.) As I said sorry if this seems harsh but I am so sick of hearing aobut people doing this type of sh*t because their "god" told them to or because they ahve to take down the "evil regime" or whatever other crap excuse they come up with.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Suicide by cop is such a pu$$y bitch way to go.

hate people like that.  well- I dislike them anyway- but it's so lame.  You're so fucking cowardly you can't even handle it yourself?  You put that on someone else's conscious. 

Way to go you douchebag- as if you weren't a big enough douchcanoe- lets just add it to the list.

CNN is reporting that a suspect has been identified thanks in part to security camera footage from a department store as well as from a local TV station. Authorities have a press conference scheduled for 5pm eastern.

http://us.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

Big fan of this tweet:

Dear FBI...please drop the 'suspect in custody' off at Pope John Paul park in Adams Village,Dorchester. Sincerely,EVERYONE.

HA! Nice.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

Oh my God. On elf the suspects is dead. The other is still at large. They've killed more people (an MIT police officer for one), and were lobbing explosives out of their getaway vehicle duRing the police chase! Surreal and scary doesn't quite cover it. http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

I don't mean to be insensitive or trigger anything for anyone... but how do y'all feel about graphic images in the media? I got into a debate with my significant other about this. I'm a firm believer that if you want to see graphic images, they should be made available. That does not mean showing leg fragments on the evening news. It means if you read an article and it has a link that says, "warning: graphic images", you have the choice to click it or not. His train of thought was that it's someone's pain, someone's life changing, and that shouldn't be splashed across the front pages of every news website.

BTW - I went to college in Boston, went through many Marathon Mondays, and have lots of good memories from that city. I also grew up in the DC area, so all the crazy shit like 9/11, the DC sniper, etc... I've been there, I know what it's like to have your daily life disrupted by police presence. It's all very unnerving.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I don't mean to be insensitive or trigger anything for anyone... but how do y'all feel about graphic images in the media? I got into a debate with my significant other about this. I'm a firm believer that if you want to see graphic images, they should be made available. That does not mean showing leg fragments on the evening news. It means if you read an article and it has a link that says, "warning: graphic images", you have the choice to click it or not. His train of thought was that it's someone's pain, someone's life changing, and that shouldn't be splashed across the front pages of every news website.

BTW - I went to college in Boston, went through many Marathon Mondays, and have lots of good memories from that city. I also grew up in the DC area, so all the crazy shit like 9/11, the DC sniper, etc... I've been there, I know what it's like to have your daily life disrupted by police presence. It's all very unnerving.

imho it should be up to the person or person's family (you know... depending...) on whether those images should be made public or not.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Archived