Forums are back in action! ×

introduced to nerd fitness by my fiance

Hi,
I have been struggling for the past couple years on my weight and thinking too much about what i am supposed to look like and the average weight for my body type. I am 20 years old and i am 5'8 and 175lbs. I guess my average weight should be 150, and i have been there once and that was a few months ago when i went on the hcg diet. but I totally bombed the last part and was just having issues with it. I was really happy with the way i looked, but it was not the right way for me to lose the weight. For the past month though i have been going to the small gym at my apartment complex in the mornings (about 6ish) and have progressively been able to run for longer at a higher speed on the treadmill. I used to only be able to run for a couple minutes at the max. I also do a couple weight workouts, but i usually run out of time and have to hurry and get back to shower and get to work. I have a typical desk job, 40+ hours a week, and i am a full time student that is graduationg with my bachelors degree in accounting in august (same week of my 21st birthday!).

I just haven't been all that happy with the way i look and i feel like no matter how well i think i am doing, i am just not getting anywhere, and not losing anything. I am scared of when i order my wedding dress that it is going to be a bigger size than i have ever been at. I want to lose fat and build a lot of muscle.

Today my fiance and i got back to the 24 hour fitness and re-activated our memberships because we had gone on vacation and came back and never got around to going back. We worked out for a little over an hour and it just felt incredible to be back and be around a bunch of people that are motivated to change their habits. I am really excited to learn more on here and stay motivated to maybe get down to 150lbs again by october 5th, which is our wedding day. 20lbs in six months seems very do-able after reading success stories on here.

My fiance and i are doing this together and we want to get into following the paleo diet while we incorporate weight training and cardio.

Hi!

It's great to see you are taking steps toward improvement, so don't feel so blue! We all hit that point when we hat what we see in the mirror, but you decide wether you want to level up your life. And you've come to the right place to do so! NF makes all the "work" fun to do so make sure you take a lot around at all the community has to offer and if you need help just ask!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

Archived