Forums are back in action! ×

Well Hello

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while a reading the articles, so taking the plunge and joining the convo

About me, I'm 26 and live in Cardiff, UK. I work in Human Resources for a software company. That's not really relevant, apart from to outline the fact that I sit on my ass all day.

First things first - I work in old-skool stones and lbs here  -  so fyi (1 stone = 14lbs). And in my gym all weights are in KGs

Anyway I digress,

I left university and then traveled the world, and came back weighing 11stone (the high was 11 and half after university - my diet and drinking habits were shocking) -not massive but too heavy for my 5'4 frame-  especially when you consider it was pure wobble. 

I got my first job, and after a couple of false starts, I lost about 1.5 stone with (don't shout at me)  - Slimfast. Now I know slimfast is full of crap, but it did teach me a valuable lesson, that I could I needed less food to survive than I was eating at the time. I also had to drink a shitload of water to curb the headaches  - silver linings. Anyway I settled at a comfortable 9.5 stone (with a few lbs variation either way - I'm about 9st10 at the moment) - and never managed to get to my target of 9st.

Fast forward to January this year, and I joined a Crossfit gym - www.kfcrossfit.com  - great place. I cleaned up my diet in January to loose the Christmas lbs, and felt great, but my diet has since fallen by the wayside.

Fast forward to today, and I am challenging myself to eat properly (I call it Paleo + tinned tomatoes + a bit of milk in my tea  - I am British after all...), and get stronger. 

Now I now these aren't SMART goals (I work in HR so I heart a good SMART goal) - but I'll get back to you on those once I've done my 1RMs for next month.

In the meantime, I look forward to hanging out with y'all

Cath x

Another Brit, Great soon well conqure this site with chocolate muffins.

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos

Archived