Forums are back in action! ×

1 year - 32kg

nelsonbalaban

So yeah, after a year working hard, eating clean and keeping my mind healthy and positive, I made it. 

I tried several times before, but failed miserably, gave up too quickly or just cheated everyday by eating a lot of garbage.

Now I feel much better (except when I have to miss a workout) and cook better — I always loved to cook, but now I'm an aspiring chef :)

Anyway, I'm here to personally thank everyone who supports Nerd Fitness and all the folks behind it.

It wouldn't be possible without all the information you guys make available.

For the ones who didn't reach their goals yet, I encourage you to keep going.

I made it possible, so can you! Anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Cheers from Brazil :)

post-15844-0-01034900-1367256976_thumb.j

That's awesome! Congratulations!  :rapture:

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

Besides from clean eating.

Hoooooooooooooow?!

Eating appropriate food at the right time — complex carbs in the morning, less carbs at night or before sleep + Protein in every meal; Whey shake in the morning and after lifting trainings + lot of fibers and grains, (polyinsaturated fat). Cheat meals allowed, randomly, once or twice a week. Craft beers during the weekends, moderately, of course. I will never abandon beer <3

As for exercises, HIIT and lifting free weights, push-ups sessions randomly during the day (even at office, I usually go to the backyard and do push-ups so I keep my metabolism running fast). Exercising at least 4 times a week since then.

At the beginning I used to force a cutting diet (no carbs) for a week and a regular, pro-complex carbs diet for another, but cutting it 100% make me upset and weak most of the time.

Man, that really give me some inspiration and hope!

Your before picture is almost EXACTLY where I am right now.

And your after picture... lets just say I used to only DREAM of looking like that again.  Now I don't have an excuse.

Guess it's time to get to work.....

Shrinking Ranger, level 1 Human Ranger in Training

STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

And your after picture... lets just say I used to only DREAM of looking like that again.  Now I don't have an excuse.

I know that feeling.

Wow, well done.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I'm really glad I got you inspired! Don't give up, it is really worth at the end ;)

Archived