Forums are back in action! ×

Help! I'm poor but want to start training

27angel

I started transitioning to a primal/paleo diet on April 15th and am now 100% primal (basically paleo with some dairy.) Due to a knee injury I have only been doing physical therapy exercises. My knee is coming along well and I would like to start doing exercises for the rest of my body.

Here enters my dilemma. I want to purchase either the Rebel Fitness Guide or the Rebel Strength Guide but I am on a very tight budget. My husband is not doing any of the lifestyle changes with me. He has his own ideas on how to lose weight and get fit. I tried them before but they didn't work for my body. He isn't actively going against my changes in diet but he says that we can't afford to spend $39 on e-books. Can anyone help with either positive things to say about the Rebel Fitness (or Strength) Guide OR other free body-weight exercises for beginners?

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Well, if you're eating primal already, have you considered Sisson's Primal Blueprint Fitness? It's a bunch of calisthenics that you can do in or around the house, and you progress at your own pace. It's also available for free from the website; all you have to do is sign up for the newsletter and he makes it available.

To be fair, there is the possibility that you'll have to buy one piece of equipment: a pull up bar. But them things are cheap, and they outlast whatever door frame you put them on.

What about trying out Steve's free work-outs and then trying to talk to your husband again if they yield results?

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Thanks. I have downloaded the Primal Blueprint Fitness guide and am reading through it. I didn't know Steve had free workouts. I guess I haven't explored the site enough. Thanks for the ideas. I hope to form a plan today and tomorrow and start training on Monday.

(HA, I can't believe I never noticed the free workouts, they are right there on the homepage!)

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Thanks everyone! I can't do all of the exercises because of my knee injury but I have a place to start know.

Does anybody have an idea for warming-up that doesn't include putting stress on my knees?

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

oh don't give up hope- there is an obscene amount of information on the internet- some of it obviosuly is complete and utter rubbish- some of it is really GREAT.

Check here

angrytrainerfitness.com 

lovingfit.com

thedailyhiit.com

zuzkalight.com (or she mostly runs out of youtube anyway- just search zuzka light or ZWOW)

they are great sites- stress form and have great workouts.  Highly recommend them :) 

you can dooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Archived