Forums are back in action! ×

close eyes, and leap

hey all,

I thought it was about time I came out of the shadows, stopped lurking around and started participating.  I found this site at the beginning of the year when I started looking into doing more exercise and have been hanging around since then but I could never get up the nerve to join in.  Yesterday coming home from the gym with no one to talk to about what I had done today I decided it was about time I did something about it and start joining in around here.

So I'm a stay at home mum to two preschoolers, after the birth of my second about 3 years ago my weight really ballooned and after seeing some pictures of me in a swim suit I figured I had better do something about it.  I made some changes to my diet and lost 15kg (about 35lb) quite easily, but then I figured I should start getting the fitness going.  Some friends convinced me to do a 5k run with them and I found out, after years of hating running, that I now actually enjoyed it, however I did not enjoy the competitive side so after that first 5k run I just turned to running by myself, I now do a solo 5k and a 10k run just about every week but want to add more strength training.

As I said, I've been researching since the beginning of the year, but only seriously started about 5 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it so far, but I really feel like I have no one to share it with,  and that is where nerd fitness comes into the picture.  I'm hoping I can find some support and encouragement to keep we going with this.  I'm planning on joining the new challenge when it starts and hopefully that can keep me on track.

So a bit about me.  I'm 5'1" small, 125lb (but would love to get down to 110lb), I have many hobbies (I always saw I'm a Jack of all trades, master of none).  The ones at the fore front of my life right now are sewing knitting and crocheting.  I've set myself a challenge of making from scratch an entire seasons wardrobe for me and my two kids and have just about completed it.  

I  Love Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, Buffy, West Wing, Supernatural (and numerous others I've forgotten I'm sure) and am currently obsessed with Torchwood and am impatiently waiting for the day I can share them with my kids  (what do you mean star wars isn't suitable viewing for a three year old), .  I haven't gotten into computer games, not because I don't like them but because I  know that if I do I'll never achieve anything else in life - my kids get little enough of my time as it is so I try and stay away from the games (although I do admit to cultivating a love of Mario in my eldest just to have an excuse to play with her).

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

(what do you mean star wars isn't suitable viewing for a three year old)

You mean it's not??

We watched all that stuff when my kids were little and they are insatiable nerds now!

Welcome to the rebellion!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

You mean it's not?? We watched all that stuff when my kids were little and they are insatiable nerds now! Welcome to the rebellion! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I'd be happy for them to watch it, but somehow I ended up with a daughter who is scared of everything - I mean even her kids programs have her running out of the room to hide in her bedroom.  I did try and put it on the other day but between her cowering in the corner and the total indifference of my son I soon turned it off.  Hopefully one day they will appreciate it's awsomeness!

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

Oh I'd be happy for them to watch it, but somehow I ended up with a daughter who is scared of everything - I mean even her kids programs have her running out of the room to hide in her bedroom.  I did try and put it on the other day but between her cowering in the corner and the total indifference of my son I soon turned it off.  Hopefully one day they will appreciate it's awsomeness!

Wow....

I think I'd have gone crazy had my kids turned out scared... I know it passes... but that would be nuts making...

At least she is still little so there's hope ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Archived