Forums are back in action! ×

The Rebellion finally has its Ultimate Weapon (maybe)

Hello all,

My name's Ben-Ro.  I am a Nerd.  I have been frequenting the NF site for about a month now and started the Beginner Body Weight Routine 2 weeks ago this past Monday.  I'm getting noticably stronger, especially in my upper body.  When I started, I could only do one set of 10 pushups before switching to my knees.  Now, in just 2 weeks, I'm pumping out 3 sets of 12.

I also started eating a more Paleo-centric diet 2 weeks ago as well.  This part has been more difficult.  The diet, for me, is much harder to accomplish than the workouts.  I sit right by the kitchen in my office at work, so any time there's donuts, cake, bagels, candy, cookies, sandwiches, chips, etc. leftover from meetings, birthdays and such, it all gets paraded by my desk into the kitchen.  And then I get to smell it.  It's really not fair.  But, no excuses, right?  Anyway, the diet has been a struggle and it's been rare that I've gone an entire day in the past two weeks without caving somehow.

Still, I'm down 3.5 lbs, an inch off my thighs and a half inch off my arms since beginning, which is progress.

My goal is to become an Ultimate Weapon for the Nerd Rebellion.  I hope to be one of the people Steve highlights from time to time as an example of what hard work and dedication can do for a person.  However, I'm sure I will not accomplish my goal without some help from family, friends, and hopefully, this community.

A bit about myself, I'm a video game nerd.  RPGs, mostly. (FPS can die already.)  Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, .hack, on and on.  I play other stuff too, but those are the main ones.  My best friend and I have been known to play Little League Baseball for NES until 4 or 5 in the morning.  (We're both 32, btw...and this happened just a few weeks ago.)  Epic battles on that game.  First Little League game I've seen go to 16 innings.  Brutal.

I love sports, grew up playing hockey and golf.  Huge UK basketball fan.  About two months ago I played hockey for the first time in 2 years.  It was  wake up call to get in shape and one of the reasons I began looking for a plan.  I still play golf on a regular basis, usually 3 times a month, if not more.

Anyway, that's all I've got.  Peace and chicken grease.

-Ro

Ah - the wake-up call.  Glad to see that you answered it.  You've joined at a great time; we'll start a new challenge in just over a week.  Welcome to the rebellion. 

Yes, I've been eyeballing the next challenge.  I'm looking forward to it!

Welcome aboard fella! Sounds like you're off to a good start.  Sorry to hear about having to sit right next to the kitchen. That must be hell smelling all the goodies ha!  

Keep up the good work!

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Archived