Forums are back in action! ×

Lvl.1 Recruit reporting for duty!

HI!

Just stumbled onto the site yesterday while researching/planning my next epic attempt at getting shape.

I'm a 32 year old man working in an IT position that keeps me mostly sedentary.  Currently 6' 3" @ 287lbs. A little muscle in there...but wrapped in a thick layer of fat. Terribly out of shape. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and felt like my lungs were going to explode. Diet has been your typical American filth. I did managed to start cutting out soda as a New Year's resolution last year....but it has been creeping back.

I would really like to do something about my health and appearance. The man looking back at me from the mirror repulses me, and I cannot seem to stick with any diet/exercise routine long enough to make a difference.

Tuesday I started working with free weights and some BW exercises.  Nothing terribly structured....since I am still researching...but I had to start doing SOMETHING.

I want to build my strength and endurance, while dropping about 120lbs. 

Hopefully being a part of a community like this will help keep me motivated as that seems to be one of my biggest problems.

Help me Obi-wan...you're my only hope. :P

Level 3 Human Adventurer

STR:8 DEX:4 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHR:2

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

I know the feeling on not appreciating the stranger looking back at you in the mirror. Luckily, the folks here are fantastic. Have you thought about signing up for one of the 6-week challenges? I'm setting mine up this evening, and I know the others in my group will keep me on track. :)

Free weights will be your friend, they're so much better for you than the weight machines. Skipping out on soda is hard, I'm just glad I'm one of the crazy ones who loves unsweetened iced tea. It makes it easier to grab something with less sugar in it, and not suffer from caffeine-withdrawal related headaches.

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

Archived