Forums are back in action! ×

Worst part about loosing weight.

There are so many downsides to losing weight! I mean, what am I supposed to do without my flabs? It's like I used to say, why have abs when you can have flabs? Every day they get smaller and smaller, my life is crumbling in front of me!

"And should I die on the morrow,

None will know of my sorrow,

Nor of the sweet agony,

I take to my grave."

Does anyone notice that having not much fat above your bum + being on your back and doing crunch-like exercises or motions = TAILBONE PAIN?

I don't really have a bum to speak of. Never have. Even at my heaviest it was non-existent. It's developing now that I'm loosing which would make no sense if you didn't know of my love of the deads.

I just got my kilt in for the highland games and it's too big. ARGLEBARGLEYFARF!!!!!

I own a utilikilt and I've been afraid to try it on again, since i haven't worn it since I started losing. I'm absolutely terrified that it, like most of my clothes, won't fit me any more. It was expensive, the idea of getting a new one doesn't sound the greatest.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

I own a utilikilt and I've been afraid to try it on again, since i haven't worn it since I started losing. I'm absolutely terrified that it, like most of my clothes, won't fit me any more. It was expensive, the idea of getting a new one doesn't sound the greatest.

Mine was a sportkilt and I talked to them and they said to send it back and they would adjust it. They also said if I continue to loose weight that they can take it in later and it only costs $15 plus shipping. I am 100% satisfied with their customer service.

Just means I don't get to drive to Ft Worth and compete this weekend like I was going to do.

RE: Tailbone pain - yeah, I feel ya there. That and shoulder blades! Doing sit ups huuuurts

But I've had a lot of the same problems - only just starting to notice some stretch marks, and I really want to tighten up the skin. I'll have to look into what I can be doing about that.

But yeah - bras, jeans, shirts. I was gifted a shirt that was nice and fitting at the beginning of the summer - and now it's all loose! ;A;

But yeah. I have to buy a new bra every three or four weeks. It's ridiculous. I used to buy two, but now I just buy one (with exception to the last one, as I was fitted wrong, exchanged for a smaller bra and was able to pick up an extra for $1.50 'cause the smaller ones were cheaper than the first bra).

Dwarf Monk

Level 5

STR 11 | STA 9 | DEX 5 | CON 11 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

ceterum censeo infirmitas esse delendam

CHALLENGE

TAKING OFF THE HAND WRAPS

previous

I ; II; III; IV ; V

Bad thing about loosing weight: Hammering/drilling more holes in my belts. 

That's one of my FAVORITE parts about losing weight.  It's like a score card. IN MY PANTS. 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I like to cut the other end of my belt off. I have 12" of leather on my bathroom counter as a trophy to remind me every morning of how far I've come. 

That leather is tough! You'd think that all that gained strength would help, but its all in the sharpness of the nail/scissors.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

Besides my new doctors orders for having to add salt to every meal due to a developed low blood pressure problem (some kind of deal with not enough fluid storage in my blood due to an electrolyte deficiency).

The worst thing though is my full faced motorcycle helmet is too big now. Now chipmunk cheeks to snug it up.

LVL 3: Human Assassin

STR: 7.75 | DEX: 5 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4  | CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1, 2

I noticed the tailbone problem as well... I use a padded pilates mat now... it helps quite a bit =)

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

Mine was a sportkilt and I talked to them and they said to send it back and they would adjust it. They also said if I continue to loose weight that they can take it in later and it only costs $15 plus shipping. I am 100% satisfied with their customer service.

Good to know! I'll have to see if they'd be willing to do something like that for myself. 

Slightly back on topic. Anyone else have the issue of their now too big shirts coming untucked all the time? I have to tuck at work, and I swear I had to retuck 6 or 7 times in my 3 hour shift. It's irritating.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

Good to know! I'll have to see if they'd be willing to do something like that for myself. 

Slightly back on topic. Anyone else have the issue of their now too big shirts coming untucked all the time? I have to tuck at work, and I swear I had to retuck 6 or 7 times in my 3 hour shift. It's irritating.

I don't have that problem, but my now too big shirts now look like a dress on me now.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

I went to a military school and I have a particular "tuck" I use.  and it's very difficult to get it to stay- I either will (god embarassing) tuck them into my underwear- and purposefully wear boy short style underwear so there is more to hold- or if I have panty hose on- tuck them into that.

Wearing a high waisted skirt with a big belt means that shit has to be tucked and in place no questions asked- other thing is you could invest in shirt stays.  Mildly uncomfortable- but they get the shit done. :D

The big shirt thing is a problem. I started with 3XLT shirts. While I'm tall I'm not that above average only at 6'0" the talls were because I NEVER wanted to be that fat guy who was apparently unaware that his belly was sticking out from under the end of his shirt.... never ever ever wanted to be THAT guy. I wear a lot of polo shirts. I tucked them in for awhile, but eventually they got too baggy for that. so I still wore them, just wore them untucked... that started to get ridiculous so I finally had to retire them.

Having shrank out of size for my suits, my shirts, my polos, my t-shirts, my pants, my jeans....

I started with a 52" waist and 3x shirts.

Now I'm wearing 38" jeans (they're even starting to get a bit loose) and L or Xl shirts depending on brand.

Right now my wardrobe consists of two pairs of jeans, two black t-shirts, two black polos, two grey undershirts, Two under armor athletic shirts, and a pair or athletic shorts.... and boxers.

That's it, it is a pretty fast laundry rotation but even going to thrift stores it is getting ridiculous trying to keep myself in clothes since I just have to replace everything every few months.

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled about this, but this is 'the worst part'.... and I'm going to need all new winter gear....

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

It was 93 in Denver today... I wore a sweatshirt for a part of our zoo trip... 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

The worst thing though is my full faced motorcycle helmet is too big now. Now chipmunk cheeks to snug it up.

Yup! I now have 2 pretty new(ish) bike jackets, 1 pair of leathers and a set of waterproofs that no longer fit. Damn, that sh*t's expensive too. Almost makes me want to put the weight back on. *not really* ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yup! I now have 2 pretty new(ish) bike jackets, 1 pair of leathers and a set of waterproofs that no longer fit. Damn, that sh*t's expensive too. Almost makes me want to put the weight back on. *not really* ;)

My jacket is also a lost cause (albeit for a good reason). Been riding without one for a while now but winter seems to be coming up pretty quick, and I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

LVL 3: Human Assassin

STR: 7.75 | DEX: 5 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4  | CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1, 2