Forums are back in action! ×

Favourite Work-Out Songs

I've been looking for some new tunes to add to my playlist for working out - mostly need high energy songs to keep me fueled. Some of my favourites are:

'Yeah Yeah' by Bodyrox ft. Luciana

Most songs by 3oh!3 ('Do or Die', 'You're Gonna Love This', 'Holler Till You Pass Out', 'Choke Chain', etc.)

'Derezzed' by Daft Punk

'Just Bust A Move' by Young MC

'Kickstart My Heart' by Motley Crue (and other 80's hits like that :) )

I like a mix of rap/hip hop/techno, and some 80s rock/rap and utterly random stuff. What songs keep you motivated/boosted during your workouts?

"You don't have to be a bad ass to be a superhero, you just have to be brave" - Hitgirl

ttuesday meet monday. - Zombie Outbreak Survivors

"Feel Good Inc" by the Gorillaz

"What I've Done" Linkin Park

"Casle of Glass" Linkin Park

"Breaking the Habit" Linkin Park (seeing a theme yet, LOL)

The Shrek and Shrek 2 soundtracks.... 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

i usually listen to the "frat rap house party" playlist on songza.

they have lisst of playlists for cardio, lifting, cooling down....

I pretty much abandoned pandora for songza, its great. you all should check it out if you have not yet

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Spotify has an extension you can add from Reebok to generate playlists based on an artist or song. I usually rock out to Papa Roach or Linkin Park. and Go Radio has some good ones to run to.

Human Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 3   DEX: 1   STA: 1   CON: 3   WIS: 4   CHA: 3

Smile, listen, agree...then do whatever the fuck you wanted to do anyway- RDJ

I work out to...a rap opera from my favorite anime. Haha sounds lame but it gets me pumped.

Otherwise, the Around The World/Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger track from Daft Punk's Alive 2007 album or if I'm running, Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

"Feel Good Inc" by the Gorillaz

"What I've Done" Linkin Park

"Casle of Glass" Linkin Park

"Breaking the Habit" Linkin Park (seeing a theme yet, LOL)

The Shrek and Shrek 2 soundtracks.... 

I had to laugh at this list, the Shrek part came out of no where...

To keep with the theme of the thread...

Pretty much anything by 2 steps from Hell,Gothic Music, or Position Music would make my playlist.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I had to laugh at this list, the Shrek part came out of no where...

To keep with the theme of the thread...

Pretty much anything by 2 steps from Hell,Gothic Music, or Position Music would make my playlist.

I told the truth... those soundtracks are actually pretty darned good =D

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I told the truth... those soundtracks are actually pretty darned good =D

I agree... it was just funny to go from Linkin Park... To Shrek... especially after "Seeing a Theme yet?"

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

What I do is use the Linkin Park to keep me pumped up, then the Shrek music for my cooldown and stretch time.

There are more Linkin Park songs on my list, I just got lazy, and I use etc or usw way too often in my writings =P

I really LOL'ed in the movie theater when I realized that the song being played during the sex scene in Watchmen was the same one as being played in the sad scene in Shrek

I still giggle a little about that, and whenever I actually listen to the words of â€‹Hallelujah and then remember it was in basically a children's movie. 

I still giggle a little about that, and whenever I actually listen to the words of ​Hallelujah and then remember it was in basically a children's movie.

Was it really a children's movie, though?

And, to keep on topic, I don't listen to music often when I workout but when I do it's straight metal: Die Dead Enough - Megadeth, Native Blood - Testament, WTYD - Annihilator, etc. Really brings out my inner Viking lol

Level 2 Dwarf Warrior 

STR: 6 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 5 | WIS: 3.5 | CHA: 1

Height: 5'1"  Weight: 210 lbs.
Squat: 155x5x5, 195 1RM
Deadlft: 175x5, 180 1RM
Bench: 95x5x3, 100 1RM

"Now we stand together, Warriors unite;
Vikings forever, Fighting side by side"

-- "Norsemen of Steel" - Wulfgar

Was it really a children's movie, though?

And, to keep on topic, I don't listen to music often when I workout but when I do it's straight metal: Die Dead Enough - Megadeth, Native Blood - Testament, WTYD - Annihilator, etc. Really brings out my inner Viking lol

In the new sense of the word... a movie made for children, marketed to children, but with plenty of inside jokes for their parents too.

I actually mostly listen to scores when I work out. Really epic stuff. Lots of Hans Zimmer, of course. It makes me feel like I'm the main character of a really cinematic movie and this is the training montage before the epic battle.

My taste in music is a little bit weird.

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure