Forums are back in action! ×

Nice to meet you ^^

So I am (obviously) new and just figured I would introduce myself!

I'm Jacinda, I'm quite out of shape though I used to fence competitively (saber), and now I'm just trying to get myself into shape after spending way too long doing nothing and eating like crap. I just finished my first week on a C25K program (which I know is really nothing special but it's a huge achievement for me to even make it this far) and I actually had a moment today when I thought "oh wow, I actually can see why people like this running thing!" and then about three minutes later I was back to "ughhhhhh this suuuuuuucks..." but I'm getting there and trying to stay positive!

I'm mostly interested in running, swimming, and bodyweight exercises, anything that I can do alone and without going to a gym or buying fancy equipment.

Anyway, most of my friends aren't really into fitness (as huge nerds--including myself! so often are) so I'm really looking forward to meeting people here who I can talk about workouts with, hahaha!

Level 2 Goblin Adventurer 
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!

Saber fencing is best fencing. Never done it myself, but I'd love to try.

Oh man, you really should!!! I am such an evangelist with fencing, because it seems like I meet a lot of people who always wanted to try it and were intimidated by it, either because of the cost or because it's a fairly insular sport community...but taking a class is both relatively affordable and good for introducing you to the rest of the community so I definitely recommend it.

One of my instructors used to say that foil is an art, epee is a science, and saber is just a straight-up sport. I'm not sure if I agree with that (believe it or not there is some finesse involved with saber...even if there is also a lot of screaming and jumping...) but it's definitely a good thing to keep in mind when you're choosing your weapon! :)

Level 2 Goblin Adventurer 
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!

Oh man, you really should!!! I am such an evangelist with fencing, because it seems like I meet a lot of people who always wanted to try it and were intimidated by it, either because of the cost or because it's a fairly insular sport community...but taking a class is both relatively affordable and good for introducing you to the rest of the community so I definitely recommend it.

One of my instructors used to say that foil is an art, epee is a science, and saber is just a straight-up sport. I'm not sure if I agree with that (believe it or not there is some finesse involved with saber...even if there is also a lot of screaming and jumping...) but it's definitely a good thing to keep in mind when you're choosing your weapon! :)

Sounds cool. I'll be moving to another town in a month. Might as well seek out a club there.

Friends who lift together stay together. Let's be friends.

Archived