Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Guys,

It's a way off but I was wondering about what people thought of Elder Scrolls Online?

I'm probably going to go console with it, when I have decided on which one to get.....

Anywho, for those that don't know, there are 3 Factions:

The Ebonheart Pact

consists of:

Nords

Argonians (Lizard people)

Dunmer (Dark Elves)

The Daggerfall Covenant

consists of:

Redguards

Bretons

Orcs

The Aldmeri Dominion

consists of:

Altmer (High Elves)

Bosmer (Wood Elves)

Khajiit (Cat people)

So which race (and therefore faction) would/will you be?

For me probably Nord all the way.

Probably Nord, I am extremely proud of my Viking heritage and I feel a kinship with the mythical Nords because they are basically fantasy Vikings. Other than that, I forsee an Orc ranger of some sort. 

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see a lot of similarity between Nords and historical Vikings.

Tentatively hopeful about the game itself.

Friends who lift together stay together. Let's be friends.

My husband has spoken about this, and he is concerned about Bethesda and their notorious penchant for releasing buggy games... what are your guys' thoughts on it?

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I think MMOs in general start with a lot of bugs.

Indeed, but Bethesda Softworks (that is the publisher as a whole) are quite notorious for releasing buggy games and having poor patching processes, there's no community mods, no unofficial patches to bail them out this time, they better be on the ball and make sure ZeniMax are doing this right.

Oh and as for the topic at hand, should the game totally subvert my low expectations of it (sorry kids, but I've got burnt by too many MMO's promising to revolutionise/revitalise the genre with it's fresh approach to get excited early) probably an argonian,

My husband has spoken about this, and he is concerned about Bethesda and their notorious penchant for releasing buggy games... what are your guys' thoughts on it?

While it's true that Bethesda makes buggy games (Morrowind is still pretty much unplayable without third-party fixes, and they've released a ton of patches for it), this is developed by Zenimax, unless I'm mistaken. Beth released Dishonored and there's nothing wrong with that one.

Friends who lift together stay together. Let's be friends.

It's pribably going to have a few bugs but honestly, I've been lucky enough to not encounter game killing ones with elder scrolls.

I'm going to stay optomistic about it because I love getting emmersed in the stories and lore.

Also between dungeon crawling in Tamriel with friends and PVP to conquer Cyrodill, I will love sinking hours into yet another elder scrolls game.

I'm tempted to get dosbox for arena and daggerfall now.....

I really enjoyed Skyrim, and also enjoyed Morrowind (though with a computer that wasn't really up to the job), but although a bit of me is tempted I've sworn off MMORPGs.  I've had some epic moments playing Shadowbane and Eve Online, and a fair amount of fun playing WoW, but I've found that MMORPGs suck me in and consume too much of my time to the detriment of other parts of my life.  I still play games, but only single player for now (though I might be persuaded to play some co-operative or PvP stuff with friends) - that way I can get my gaming fix and know that when I log off, I'm not missing anything.  It'll all be there waiting, just as I left it, when I have time again.

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

Nord. Definitely Nord. Dunmer is a close second though.

I was sort of looking forward to the game but more recent info has me worried it'll turn out too much like GW2 to enjoy...

however the enemy's AI is pretty impressive.

Once there's a trial I'll probably try it out. But I've been let down by too many MMOs to bother investing prematurely. What I'm really looking for is WoW with a modern engine and graphics. Nothing has been comparable in terms of the quality of boss fight scenarios and the complexity involved using your character to it's max potential...

Right now I barely play EVE Online... but what is nice about that game is I can not log in for 4 days and still make progress, because your character's skills train in real time.

Kinda like my skills do. It's a game that is compatible with my recent lifestyle changes.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

I've never played MMOs, never felt drawn to them. But I love the Elder Scrolls games that I've played (Oblivion and Skyrim) and would be happy for TESO to be my intro into that genre. I probably won't play for a long time, though. I'm currently a Jesuit Volunteer and not playing video games at all. I won't be buying a new system for about a year at least (and I don't game on my computer). The upside is that by then, I'll be able to benefit from the experiences of lots of other people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

I'd hear rumors about this but had no idea it was so far into production. I've sunk just over 300 hours into Skyrim and played exclusively as Nord. In Oblivion and Morrowind I played exclusively as Dunmer, so If I pick this up I'll certainly play as one of them. 

At first I was concerned that the story wouldn't live up to past games. I wonder how they'll manage progressing through guilds - will we still be able to become the Guildmaster for just about every guild in our respective faction? Or will we just be members along with other player characters? Signed up for the Beta, hopefully I'll get invited, though I probably signed up a bit too late.

I played a Wood Elf with the Aldmeri Dominion during the last Beta session. Thoughts? The intro levels are pretty rough, but I can see where they are going. Once you get out of the opening level, though, the game is GORGEOUS. I really enjoyed it, plays a lot like Skyrim, but with a ton of people running around that you can team up with. I really like how you progress like Skyrim, too, allocating things to Majika, Stamina, etc. I'm looking forward to the live launch in April!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

hmm, I remember I was really pumped about this one, I even got invited for some beta testing, but I refused after hearing the price. :upset:

First you buy the game and end up paying extra each month (I can't remember the exact price but it was not cheap). 

Not really my cup of tea, even though I'm a big fan of the elder scrolls. I was kinda hoping for a different approach from them.

I'll be waiting for the next off line elders scrolls myself. 

ps: most of the time I end up being a nord, cause I focus on strength and not on magic to make things happen ;-)