Forums are back in action! ×

New job, new city, new life?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community.  I'm a 22 yo male, and I somehow landed a job after graduation.  But it meant moving from california to the east coast.  Now I'm here, and its been somewhat difficult finding people my own age, so I spend almost every night just hanging out in my room, watching tv and looking at reddit.

Yesterday I went out to the local bars by myself to try to meet some people, and I realized that most people around me were in great shape.  I don't want to be the flabby, doughy guy at the bar anymore.  I don't want to have it be pointed out that I "look like a dad" because of my body type. (I'm not fat per se, but I all of my fat is in my stomach area.) I want to eat healthier, look good, and feel better about myself.  And then I stumbled upon NerdFitness.

My birthday is in 6 weeks.  NF's mantra is "give me 6 weeks".  Well my goal is to stick with the program for 6 weeks, up right into my birthday.  I want to lose the belly fat, I want to get stronger, and just feel better about myself.  So here it goes, I'm excited to join this group!