Forums are back in action! ×

Stay a while and listen!

Hello NF Forums.

My name is Dan. I'm 18, 6'1, and 142lb. I just started freshman year at University of New Haven as a Music and Sound Recording BA, and am still adjusting to having to do schoolwork again. However, some of my professors are genuinely interesting and insightful, so I do look forward to the rest of the semester.

On the nerd side of things: I grew up on plasma rifles and BFGs. The first thing I can remember is sitting on my dad's lap at 2 years old and blasting imps in Doom. The first time I played Diablo II was at age 8, and I've been in love since. I've also competetively played FPSs like Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Tribes, Planetside; I pride myself on some pretty sharp twitch reflexes, although these aren't too useful as a college student. On the tabletop side of things, I've played Dungeons and Dragons and Battletech throughout most of my life. UNH has some sick DND nights on the weekly.

On the music side of things: I play guitar, bass, and piano. I produce my own electronic music and remixes on occasion, and love to jam in local bands. My tastes and talents are horribly varied, nearly everything from funk to classic rock to prog deathcore is in my iTunes library and muscle memory.

As to why I'm here? My entire life, I've been skinny and flabby and underweight, with a relatively sedentary lifestyle and a diet full of crap. And I was content with it, until now. Day to day I feel exhausted and lifeless for what seems like no reason whatsoever, but after reading up and doing some introspective thinking, the cause is pretty clear. I'm here to get fit and healthy, not feel like shit, and be able to do at least one damn pull up by the end of September.

Welcome and good luck on your journey.  I am attempting a pull up as well for the next 6-week, but so far, my attempts have been laughable at best.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge