Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Rebellion, but not the race

Hello! I've already posted in the level 1 challengers section for the challenge that started yesterday, but I wanted to introduce myself and maybe start making some friends here to help me stay accountable and have fun with this whole project!

I am a 24 year old mother to a 2 year old, wife, artist/tattooist, 5'8" and currently 274lbs. I went through what I can only describe as a psychologically abusive relationship early in my adult life (ages 15-21) that resulted in a crazy weight gain. At the beginning of it, I weighed somewhere between 160-180, and got out of it at 289. I was horrified.

I've yo-yo'd for a few years with my weight, tried some programs here and there, and did lose nearly 50lbs at one point through WW. Once I stopped, I gained it all back. I do feel that WW is a great program and it does work, however I felt that it didn't do enough stressing of healthy eating, because I found myself making excuses of "well its within my points, so I can eat this plate of bacon/chocolate/insertotherfatfoodhere". Once I started counting calories, I realized more about the importance of balance. I also stopped denying myself things I really wanted because calories are calories, and I've never called it a diet since then. I want this to be a way of life in regards to my activity and eating habits that I WANT to maintain for the rest of my life.

I am participating in my first 5k on October 12th, the day before my 25th birthday. Due to my weight, I know that running will not be an option (I haven't had the time to train for a run), but I will be walking with some jogging here and there. I'm really excited about it.

I want to be around, and healthy, for my son. I want to have the endurance to chase him, to be a part of his activities instead of watching from the side-lines. I want to have a long life with my husband, who is also on a personal journey of self-worth, strength, and happiness. I want to be happy, healthy, and see what my body can really do when its not being abused by my bad health habits.

I am excited to meet people here. I play Pathfinder and write for a tabletop gaming news/reviews site, so the theme here really drew me in!

Level 1 Half-Orc | Class : Undetermined

STR 1.8 | STA 0.6 | DEX 0 | CON 3 | CHA 0.5 | WIS 2

MFP

Battle Log | NF Challenge #1 | #2

Femme Fatales

Welcome! I'm new here too. 

I did WW to lose some baby weight, but I hit a pleateu that I'm still struggling with. I realize that the WW system works up to some point, but there is no emphasis in healthy food, they do promote that, but you get to eat what you want and some foods trigger hunger and you end up cheating like you said you did. 

Good luck with your 5K, just completing the rice will be a huge achievement. :peaceful: