Forums are back in action! ×

Halloween Costumes (It's never to early to start planning)

I'm usually planning this months in advance, but have fallen behind this year. I still don't know what to go as. I normally go to a couple different parties a year and tend to go all out with my costumes...all home made with as much detail as I can come up with. I'm thinking I may try and re-use some of what I already have for this year's, but I don't even know what I want to do.

Here were my past 5 years:

The Crow
(I have a pic at home, but apparently there aren't any online anywhere)

Beetlejuice
12440_1116076796939_7889048_n.jpg

The Punisher

(re-used leather trench from The Crow)
168255_678828705053_1002430_n.jpg

Knight Rider
(ignore the Roman helmet. NOT part of the costume)
317364_989583020692_959955779_n.jpg

Yellow Suit Guy from Gangnum Style video
(friend went as Psy and we had a random guy show up as elevator guy)
559619_10100527602013292_37417343_n.jpg

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

My boyfriend and I are being Jay and Silent Bob. He's being Silent Bob, he's got a dark beard so it works perfect. Me being a girl and being Jay is not so perfect, but I have the right color and length of hair so I think it'll work out, especially next to him being Silent Bob looking so spot on. I'm pretty excited.

My boyfriend and I are being Jay and Silent Bob. He's being Silent Bob, he's got a dark beard so it works perfect. Me being a girl and being Jay is not so perfect, but I have the right color and length of hair so I think it'll work out, especially next to him being Silent Bob looking so spot on. I'm pretty excited.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

We are taking our daughter out trick or treating for the first time and she is going as a "Zombabie", so I believe I will be going as a zombie victim, though not too graphic.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I want to find a good Leia costume. The white robe one, not the slave one. Especially since my company is having a costume party and I can't do sexy costumes to that.

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, this all relies on my ability to find the perfect beanie.

We are taking our daughter out trick or treating for the first time and she is going as a "Zombabie", so I believe I will be going as a zombie victim, though not too graphic.

That's awesome!!

I love reading everyone's ideas!! I'm torn between Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, re-hashing my Rubix Cube costume, or doing a joint costume with my dog. I'll be Slick Rick, she'll be Dog E. Fresh.

Or maybe I'll do all three. Where can one find the pieces for an Elizabeth costume? I'm not exactly handy enough with a thread and needle to make it happen on my own.

From that time I chopped all my hair off and dressed up like Mario (not specifically to look like Mario, to be clear):

mariocostume_zpsf96035f4.jpg

And then that other time when I used craft supplies from my job to make a (solved) Rubix Cube costume:

rubixcubecostume_zpse80283df.jpg

I really like Halloween.

I love reading everyone's ideas!! I'm torn between Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, re-hashing my Rubix Cube costume, or doing a joint costume with my dog. I'll be Slick Rick, she'll be Dog E. Fresh.

Or maybe I'll do all three. Where can one find the pieces for an Elizabeth costume? I'm not exactly handy enough with a thread and needle to make it happen on my own.

So far it seems etsy would be your best bet outside of trying to find random shop sites where people do custom orders, been scouring that site cause friend wants to do a group set up of steampunk based costumes and been insanely useful.

I work during halloween as at a children's hospital. Since I'm a doctor, I have to keep it a little classy. My plans are for a Tony Stark/Iron man Hybrid. All I need to find is an arc reactor, glove, maybe they ironman mask or just go with sunglasses on my head. That way I can still where dress clothes.

Level 0:  Healer/Intellectual God/Ranger

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but is brave five minutes longer" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I work during halloween as at a children's hospital. Since I'm a doctor, I have to keep it a little classy. My plans are for a Tony Stark/Iron man Hybrid. All I need to find is an arc reactor, glove, maybe they ironman mask or just go with sunglasses on my head. That way I can still where dress clothes.

awwww I bet the kids love it and I bet their parents appreciate it! I used to be a teacher so I know the struggle to find something fun but classy. I started teaching preschool dance in high school so I've never actually had a "slutty" halloween costume. I love your idea though, great idea!

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

awwww I bet the kids love it and I bet their parents appreciate it! I used to be a teacher so I know the struggle to find something fun but classy. I started teaching preschool dance in high school so I've never actually had a "slutty" halloween costume. I love your idea though, great idea!

Thanks! The Kids do love it. I feel it has to be much harder finding a women's costume that is appropriate. Hell, I find it a struggle to find costumes for my 3 and 5 year old daughters that aren't "slutty" appearing.

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but is brave five minutes longer" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I work during halloween as at a children's hospital. Since I'm a doctor, I have to keep it a little classy. My plans are for a Tony Stark/Iron man Hybrid. All I need to find is an arc reactor, glove, maybe they ironman mask or just go with sunglasses on my head. That way I can still where dress clothes.

That sounds awesome! I'm sure the kids will love that.

Thanks! The Kids do love it. I feel it has to be much harder finding a women's costume that is appropriate. Hell, I find it a struggle to find costumes for my 3 and 5 year old daughters that aren't "slutty" appearing.

I'm a costumer, used to be professionally, now I just lend my talents to a few smaller kids theater groups. The perk there is that I can make whatever I want! This year to hand out candy I might be Mulan. Have your girls decided on something for this year?

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I'm a costumer, used to be professionally, now I just lend my talents to a few smaller kids theater groups. The perk there is that I can make whatever I want! This year to hand out candy I might be Mulan. Have your girls decided on something for this year?

A month ago my older daughter found a captain America Costume that she just had to have. It was cheap and she was excited. She played in it for a couple days (shield and all) and wanted my youngest daughter to be the "Hulk" (actually matches her personality). I'm not sure why they were excited about superhero costumes. I enjoy the movies and comics. They watched maybe 20 minutes of Avengers with me late one night when it was storming, but otherwise haven't had a lot of exposure.

But after a few weeks, they are back to the usual girly stuff. They oldest is now going to be Cinderella and the youngest Sophia the first. If they would have been Captain America and the Hulk, I think I would have been obligated to dress up as Nick Fury when I took them trick or treating.

A month ago my older daughter found a captain America Costume that she just had to have. It was cheap and she was excited. She played in it for a couple days (shield and all) and wanted my youngest daughter to be the "Hulk" (actually matches her personality). I'm not sure why they were excited about superhero costumes. I enjoy the movies and comics. They watched maybe 20 minutes of Avengers with me late one night when it was storming, but otherwise haven't had a lot of exposure.

But after a few weeks, they are back to the usual girly stuff. They oldest is now going to be Cinderella and the youngest Sophia the first. If they would have been Captain America and the Hulk, I think I would have been obligated to dress up as Nick Fury when I took them trick or treating.

A dad who dresses up to trick or treat with them, you're underappreciated Sir. I bet they will be so cute for Halloween, Cinderella was always my favorite. You should spray paint one of those trick or treat pumpkin pails silver for her like the carriage and have Jaq and GusGus hanging on the edges or peepeing out or wrapped around the handle.

Current Challenge

Battle Log