Forums are back in action! ×

Ink, who's got ittttt

I'd still like another one but I haven't decided what yet. Like the Koi carp just made sense to me but I havent thought that way about any other design.

Loving all the ones on here though. You guys have picked some awesome designs!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I have...7, but one of them has been worked on three times, so can I say 9? Each has a different meaning to me, and one (the one that's been redone twice) was a bad decision that got turned into a piece of art. I like to look at it as kinda a progression of my growth as a person. Anyway, they are: a small tribal (my first, it doesn't really mean anything except "YEAH I GOT A TATTOO!"); a tribal-style butterfly; a five-point star; a celtic-style shamrock; a moon with a star, a butterfly, and 5 hearts; a blue tulip with a monarch butterfly, and a piece of sheer artwork that turned a bad choice into something beautiful. No pictures because I'm lame :/ Maybe I'll fix that soon.

I also have plans to get a full side tattoo of either a branchy tree or lilies once I've attained my weight-loss/get healthy goal.

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

I've been thinking about getting a purely functional tattoo, on my heel, indicating that I don't want prolonged life support. Like a totally non-contestable living will. I was originally going to go with "No Code" or "Allow Natural Death", but that's not really correct, as I would definitely want CPR... "No prolonged life support" is too vague, "withdraw life support if in persistent vegetative state" is way too long...

"No Heroic Measures" ?

I have two. The first I got a week to the day after my husband died, in December of 2009. He drew this design while I was deployed and always intended to get it as a tattoo, but never got to. I was going to get it to celebrate his recovery (he died of H1N1), but that didn't happen, so I think it also makes a fitting memorial.

4206545051_727ae633ae_n.jpg

tattoo by Tashabear, on Flickr

The wolf is for my husband -- his nickname was Wolfie, and the polar bear is for me. (The first thing my dad said upon seeing it was, "I thought it'd be smaller." So did I, but the artist pointed out that making it bigger filled the space on my calf better, and he was right.)

The second I got just for me. I saw this design as a pendant on Etsy, and the artist was kind enough to allow me to use her art as a tattoo. Bears (obviously) hold special significance for me, and I got this one on my left shoulder (I'm left-handed) to remind me that the spirit of the bear always has my back, and and to lend me strength when I need it.

5992339430_a53e5d4d3d_n.jpg

done! by Tashabear, on Flickr

I want another, which thrills my mom NO END, let me tell you. I want a fox on my left calf, looking like he's trying to jump up my leg. I have an idea of what I want; I just need to find the right artist to make it happen.

I have to say that the bear tattoo is amazing! Its seems to be a mix of Celtic and Inuit art, really really neat!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2276[/ATTACH]

Its not finished just yet, Its been about a year and bit since I got it. just needs a bit more work. This piece is for the memory of my dad, he

passed away in 2009 from cancer. He loved books more then any other person I know, and this was from one of his favourites.

post-5227-13567243443306_thumb.jpg

post-5227-13567243443306_thumb.jpg

I have to say that the bear tattoo is amazing! Its seems to be a mix of Celtic and Inuit art, really really neat!

Thanks! I think it's meant to be pretty strictly Celtic, but I can understand where you'd see some Inuit influences. When you start looking into the history of Celtic art and pattern art from around the world, the similarities are pretty staggering.

Its not finished just yet, Its been about a year and bit since I got it. just needs a bit more work. This piece is for the memory of my dad, he

passed away in 2009 from cancer. He loved books more then any other person I know, and this was from one of his favourites.

Oh, nice! what's the design in the center of the shell, and what more are you going to have done to it?

Your dad was a Discworld fan? That is so cool! I'm sorry for your loss :(

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge