Forums are back in action! ×

Do you sometimes. . . .

Much like this whole way of looking at life and fitness in terms of gaming, do you sometimes really apply that to life?  Like when I'm in the gym, I envision myself as say like Grom Hellscream or some Zerking badass orc and it motivates me to go hard in the gym lol.  Am I wierd?? :nevreness:   I kind of look up to the primalness of the orc and just apply that to my gym go-hard mode.  Now I don't role-play in the gym but I do grunt from time to time hehehe (I'm typically alone in the gym at a 24hr gym I have a key to so I have the freedom to go crazy).

To continue the analogy, I'm a gym paladin. I have to supress my desire to smite stupid. Like I see people curling in the squat rack (often while kipping), or not racking their weights, or false gripping their bench press, or any of a number of things, I just want to walk over and destroy them. But often they're bigger than me so I think better of it. 

Teehee! I think it's great. I also do that to some extent... I envision that I'm training to prepare myself for a job, as if I'm a mercenary monster killer or something, and this will be my greatest challenge yet.

Hire me up, I'll slay your dragons for you... and look sexy/epic while I do it. ;)

Well actually I'd prefer to ride a dragon to battle and slay... necromancers or something. But whatever, you get the idea.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

There is a significant part of me that completely expects that I'll obtain superpowers at some point in my future.

To be honest, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. :livid:

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

Haha, whenever I'm not following through on something I always ask myself, "What would Aragorn do?" I was thinking of getting it tattooed on my wrist for extra motivation..

Whenever I'm in a situation that requires a lot of effort and hard work, I think of the harsh conditions the men of the nights watch have to endure on the wall to keep us safe :{.

Shit, actually I do this all the time, I sometimes do a few extra reps when working out "For Goku," too... yeah I guess I'm weird too!

Paleo enthusiast, Part-time hobbit, Z fighter, Kokiron, Westerosian and Jedi. Quite a CV. Find me at www.paleocastle.com.

I definitely do this... I have several DBZ themed songs on my gym playlist... And as one of my favourite book series is Malazan I do find myself thinking on a hard run "Would (insert badass character here) give up right now?!"

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I would find myself thinking "Kaio-ken" quite often when \I used to go to the gym, mostly for deadlift PR. Now that I can't afford it my goal is handstand push-ups cuz DBZ guys looked awesome doing them.

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

I have several Boss battle theme on my workout list, so I imagine myself battling monsters, somehow by working out. But yes, to place yourself in that setting that your working out for said Hero, is completely weird, and that's awesome!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Absolutely.

And sometimes when I'm working out it's because I am preparing for the Zombie apocolypse.  THAT is motivation.

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

All of you are epic!  Yeah a pending Zombie Apocalypse is a good reason to stay fit and ready to melee some zombies haha!  BTW, If you've seen The Hobbit, I have the "Misty Mountains" song the dwarves sing, before they get ready to embark on a journey lay down some goblins, in my tracklist haha. . . That song gives me the chills and a sense that I am about to embrace a battle =).

Motivated.