Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone,

I think I finally hit that magic place when I finally realize that the past couple months has paid off.

Hit the gym this morning just like normal, but I was able to add 5-15 lbs to all of my exercises except chin-ups and lat pulls.

I started out at 225 (my scales were off and I thought I started at 222) according to the gym's balance scales and am now down to 201.9. 
I have been watching it closely and over the past 5 days, my weight loss has been in only increments of 1/10ths. Two days ago I was 202.1.

I believe I am finally to the point where my muscle growth is overtaking my fat loss. I still notice all of my pants waists are getting too big and my stomach is shrinking, but the weight isn't just stripping off anymore. I AM HAPPY! 

I guess this means that I am going to be a 5' 7" 200 pounder at 39 years old. I still have another 8% I want to lose; but I started at roughly 25%...maybe higher...and just from looking at the charts I would guess I'm 20%. 

My reps are getting noticeably more powerful, I am getting much more limber (I couldn't bend but about halfway over in the morning and now I can roll out of bed and touch my toes). My circuits are getting much faster and I'm able to add a few more more routines into it now. 

I sleep well (for the first time in my entire life). Paleo and exercise has completely cured my HBP and my energy deficiency. 

My goal is no longer weight loss. I have changed my goal to wearing something less than a 34 waist and 10 chin-ups (I'm a snug 34 now...from 38). I have a ways to go because most of my body fat remaining is in my belly area.

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm correct about the weight loss vs. muscle gain issue I mentioned above...I sure hope that is what is happening.
Just some 411 on how I am working out.... I am circuit training with enough weight that I can do a max of 8-10 reps of any given work out at a time. Once I can do more than ten I bump up the weight a minimum of 5 lbs up to 15 lbs. I do a fat burn warm-up (oscillator @ 75% ability) for 5 minutes, stretch out/warmup, 3 circuits, fat-burn cool down (same as warm-up), stretch out again.

Have a great day.