Forums are back in action! ×

Hips don't lie, but scales do

This might seem trivial, but it's my first concrete mark of success so I really needed to share.

I've been making some changes to my life over the past couple months.  Some were by choice, some by financial necessity as I also have a goal to get my finances in order.  What this have meant for me is that I've stopped eating out and cut alcohol, both of which I was doing to excess over the past couple of years.  I also haven't had a car for over a year now so walking has been my major mode of transportation.  For this past week, I've been participating in the 6-week challenge where I need to give up dairy and start training with the beginner body weight circuit.  

Out of curiosity, I decided to weigh myself a couple days ago.  It's been months (probably July?) since I weighed myself, and that number was about 160.  So imagine my twinge of disappointment when I stepped on the scale to see 164.  How can that be?!?  Sad panda here.  So I put the scale back and have vowed I won't touch it until next year.  

Well, this morning I was getting dressed for work.  I reluctantly picked a certain cardigan to wear.  I say reluctantly because the last time I wore it, it was so tight on me that I could only button the top 2 out of 5 buttons.  Ugh!  So this morning I took a chance, and it completely highlighted all the great work I had done.  I have easily lost 2 inches off my circumference, all the buttons are fastened, and the sweater is on it's way to 'baggy' status.  I've noticed lately that my jeans have been feeling looser as well, but attributed it to them being stretched out over a couple of wears.  .

I could not be happier about this!!!  Like I said, this is truly my first mark of success, and I am feeling more motivated than ever!  :-)

This might seem trivial, but it's my first concrete mark of success so I really needed to share.

less self deprecation, more awesome. well done.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Great work! Since muscle is heavier than fat, and since water weight shifts all the time (and water is one of the heaviest, densest things we encounter) you can't trust the scale. You've done great by realizing that you are actually doing very well!

Keep up the good fight.

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.