Forums are back in action! ×

Six Weeks Down

Today marks six weeks since I started really focusing on eating healthy.  I have taken a largely Paleo approach to my nutrition and the results have been impressive to me.  I wish I recorded my body fat percentage when I started but I know it was over 20%.  I purchased calipers about four weeks ago and I measured at 23%.  Today I’m measuring somewhere around 17%.  My starting weight was 175 and today it is 162.  My results in the gym have been decent.  The weight on the bar has increased on all my exercises since I started so I haven’t had a slowdown but I know that cannot continue long term with a significant calorie deficit.  In six weeks I’ve only had two bad **meals** but at least they weren’t bad **days**.  I had a slice of pizza on two separate days two weeks apart.  Other than that it’s been meats, vegetables, and fruits exclusively.  No grains, added sugar, sodas, ect…. I do have the occasional drink but that’s been either red wine or tequila.  Honestly just by looking in the mirror I’ve lost a significant amount of body fat.  Just about all the pants I wear now I call pull down without unbuttoning.  I’m glad I made this change because I am 38 years old but I feel like I’m 21 all over again.  The amount of energy I have is significantly greater than before.  Apart from the occasional cheat meal I can’t imagine eating any other way.

For a little background I didn’t hear of Nerd Fitness until about 10 days ago.  So, I had embarked on this prior to joining this site but even over the past 10 days the support here has been great.