Forums are back in action! ×

55 Pounds Down, and My First Half Marathon Was Epic!

Over the past two years, I'm proud to say I've lost 55 pounds! I decided that I wanted to be healthy, and I took the steps to make it happen. I tracked my food using MyFitnessPal. I joined a gym and became more active, and I learned a lot at NerdFitness.com. Most importantly, I made a commitment to myself to be more healthy, and continue to follow-through on that commitment.

I bike commute to work, I work out regularly, and I'm enjoying life!

Today, at age 43, I ran my first half marathon. Not only did I run the whole thing, but I crushed my goal! My goal was 1:48:00 with a pace of 8:15, which I set 12 weeks ago, not knowing if that was even achievable. My chip time was 1:41:41, a pace of 7:46 min/mile. I'm so proud of that number. 

When I bought my NerdFitness t-shirt, I knew I wanted to do something epic in it! Today is that day. I challenge you to do something epic!

14uba1e.jpg

Woot! I'm working on getting healthier too. Hopefully one day I'll have a half marathon under my belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.†Queen Hippolyte

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

My Fitness Log

Current Challenge!

Over the past two years, I'm proud to say I've lost 55 pounds! I decided that I wanted to be healthy, and I took the steps to make it happen. I tracked my food using MyFitnessPal. I joined a gym and became more active, and I learned a lot at NerdFitness.com. Most importantly, I made a commitment to myself to be more healthy, and continue to follow-through on that commitment.

Today, at age 43, I ran my first half marathon. Not only did I run the whole thing, but I crushed my goal! My goal was 1:48:00 with a pace of 8:15, which I set 12 weeks ago, not knowing if that was even achievable. My chip time was 1:41:41, a pace of 7:46 min/mile. I'm so proud of that number. 

When I bought my NerdFitness t-shirt, I knew I wanted to do something epic in it! Today is that day. I challenge you to do something epic!

That's fantastic!  A 1:41 half marathon is a really good time by any standard, not many people can run one in that kind of time.  Congrats on the fantastic progress!

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

14uba1e.jpg

Congrats!!! That's a very good time! I'm hoping for my first half next year, but I'd be no where near that time haha, probably not even under 2:00:00! haha

Any tips for a first half?

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Nice dude way to kill that half marathon 55 pnds wow that is crazy.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2