Forums are back in action! ×

New Belt

After over a 1 year break my wife and I have successfully tested to become 4th grade purple belts in the Blue Cottage Form System of TaeKwonDo (ITF).  Scores weren't as high as I would have liked, but they were good. Especially considering we hadn't practiced much since we learned the material over a year ago, and we were a little rusty and only had like 3wks to prepare before testing. 

Have to say a special "woot" for my wife who actually fell during testing and hurt her knee (she landed straight-legged on a run jump side kick and slightly hyperextended her knee which led to her overflexing it toward the inside and drilling the gym floor just to the inside of her kneecap).  We thought she had really hurt something as she couldn't continue the testing.  After 2 days however, she was allowed a makeup test, and she nailed it including her breaks.  Really proud of her for showing once again that she is a lot tougher than I am lol. Her knee is still sore and she is taking the week off from new material, but her range of motion is coming back nicely.   

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." --Henry David Thoreau