Forums are back in action! ×

Who shoots and/or hunts?

They also used cars.  Should I refuse to drive because of that?

I don't drive German cars either!!!

For unreliability, maybe you've had bad luck or something.  Reliability is THE main reason I bought a 9mm pistol.  Haven't cleaned it in over a year now and it still goes bang every time.

Unreliable in it's stopping power is what I war referring to.  The only reason I don't carry .45 on my duty weapon (M&P) is my dept. said it would cost more to order .45 ammo for just one officer, so I went .40cal.  I want to stop, not piss off.

Clearly you are a 1911 fanboy, which is fine.  Did you know they make 1911's in 9mm now?  Also, it doesn't surprise me that the "test" of the 1911 vs Luger was won by the 1911.  I'd bet they put a modern 1911 up against a decades old Luger.  Not exactly a fair comparison.   Put a 100 year old 1911 against a 100 year old Luger and retest it.  Maybe it'll still win.  I don't know.  But new vs old is a poor test.

WWII was the test.  1911 won that one.  Those were "modern" guns at the time, and obviously the 1911 won that test.    As for them making 1911 in 9mm, truely that is the start of the decline of civilization and humanity. 

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

WWII was the test.  1911 won that one.  Those were "modern" guns at the time, and obviously the 1911 won that test.    As for them making 1911 in 9mm, truely that is the start of the decline of civilization and humanity. 

Pretty sure it was 30-06 and .50cal that won WWII along with Fat Man and Little Boy.

Sorry guys.  Guns alone did not win WWII.  Men with guns did.  Tactics and brains and guts won WWII.  That's not a legitimate comparison test.  Too many variables for a reliable conclusion.  

If you want to test them side-by-side in a controlled scenario without bias and post your results, go for it.  Until then, please just stop.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yeah..but if our guns hadn't been better than the others, it wouldn't have worked out like. 

Sooooooooooo...not only were our guys better, but our guns were too!!!

Yeah..but if our guns hadn't been better than the others, it wouldn't have worked out like. 

Sooooooooooo...not only were our guys better, but our guns were too!!!

Ok. Fine.  Do you have any quantifiable proof of that?  Not "we won WWII so ours are better", or "The Nazis used them so they suck".  I mean real, actual, quantifiable data put together by a legitimate research organization in a controlled environment and accounting for, or eliminating, all extraneous variables.  

Until you give me that, all we have is a big case of He-Said-She-Said.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yup, the 1911 was perfect from it's birth.  You don't even have to change it for it to be perfect. 

Yet glock, who's tag line is "perfection" (hehe..I laugh whenever I see that) is on it's 4th or 5th generation, and still can't find it.  No wonder police forces all over are swapping to M&Ps. 

Yup, the 1911 was perfect from it's birth.  You don't even have to change it for it to be perfect. 

Yet glock, who's tag line is "perfection" (hehe..I laugh whenever I see that) is on it's 4th or 5th generation, and still can't find it.  No wonder police forces all over are swapping to M&Ps. 

From this it's clear to me you're simply trying to argue.  I'm done. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

"Guys talking about guns are worse than women talking about men" Sign hanging over my local gun range door.

Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

"Strong in purpose and strong in action; strong within and strong without; strong against foes that are seen and strong against foes that are unseen; all the way up and all the way down, all the way around and all the way through; first, last and always—strong!"

I have a few firearms that are mainly for personal protection. I carry a Glock 19 or a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm. I don't like the Shield as much, but it could be because I've shot the Glock more.

I ran my 19 through a class back in Feb on the day after there had been an absolute downpour. I ended up with mud all in the magazines, and I was having trouble getting the gun to go back into battery when I racked the slide.

On that weekend I found out no gun is perfect, but I also found out how much dirtyness my Glock can take. It will run for quite a while, even with mud in it.

• Like 1

Hilasmos, Level 2 Lycan

STR 3.1 | DEX 0.61 | STA 1.9 | CON 2.7 | WIS 1.7 | CHA 2.3

Battle Log

Challenges:  1

I have a few firearms that are mainly for personal protection. I carry a Glock 19 or a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm. I don't like the Shield as much, but it could be because I've shot the Glock more.

I ran my 19 through a class back in Feb on the day after there had been an absolute downpour. I ended up with mud all in the magazines, and I was having trouble getting the gun to go back into battery when I racked the slide.

On that weekend I found out no gun is perfect, but I also found out how much dirtyness my Glock can take. It will run for quite a while, even with mud in it.

If that happens again, swap the muddy mag out for a clean mag.  Should work much better.  99 times out of 100 the weak spot on a Glock is the mag.  Swapping it out for a clean one almost always fixes the issue.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

or get a 1911.

Get a 1911 all muddy and it'll have issues too.  Same goes for HK, Taurus, Kahr, Para-Ordinance, Springfield, or any other manufacturer.  They're mechanical tools.  Get em too dirty and they stop working.  The difference is what counts as "too dirty". 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

We're back to Glock vs 1911? Great...

Nope.  We're back to 1911 vs All.  And given the progenitor I imagine it'll end in the same way.  

Thus, I had no plans to reply any more than I already have.  

==============================================================================================================================================================

On a lighter note, I had a chance to go to the range the other day.  Went with my dad and a few other friends, including the kids of the guy that owned the place.  Made for quite the enjoyable time!  And we put lots of holes in lots of paper.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Nice. I haven't shot since I was in Afghanistan in the spring and that was just a three shot group to check out someone's suppressor. I'm moving at the end of the year and one of my first goals is to find a convenient place to shoot.

Don't know where you're located, but surely there's some good ranges around you, especially if you don't mind shooting indoors.  Or, if you're in a reasonably rural area, you might even have some unsupervised ranges around you.  I know there's a few around here, at least.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

We're back to Glock vs 1911? Great...

1911...it's like a glock, but for men!!!

btw... a 9mm may kill the body, but a .45 will kill the soul!!!

Don't know where you're located, but surely there's some good ranges around you, especially if you don't mind shooting indoors.  Or, if you're in a reasonably rural area, you might even have some unsupervised ranges around you.  I know there's a few around here, at least.  

I'm insanely envious of the people down south and out west that have access to out door ranges and can go shooting any time they like.  In CT it's pretty slim pickings, mostly indoors and generally outdoor ranges are limited to 100 yards.

• Like 1