Forums are back in action! ×

ClassicCody's day 1 success!

Today was day 1 of many for my workout routine, I was expecting to do a little bit of stuff, amounting to about 1/3rd of a normal routine but to my surprise I almost finished my entire routine before I was like Jell-O and couldn't continue.

This is what I managed to do, keep in mind I'm a 325 pound guy who hasn't had any exercise other than walking through my house and carrying in groceries once a week.

Dumb Bell Bench Press:   3 sets of 10; 20 lbs. weights.

Dumb Bell Military Press:  3 sets of 10; 20 lbs. weights.

One Armed Row:  3 sets of 12; 20 lbs. weights each arm.

Flat Sit Ups:  3 sets of 12.

Body Weight Squats:  3 sets of 15.

Knee Push-Ups:  1 set of 10; 1 set of 8(Jell-O arms said to stop. Lol)

Treadmill:  5 minutes of brisk walking and jogging. (definitely need to improve this)

To me this looks like a good start, I just have to work to improve this in every way.
I decided to keep a photo journal of my progress, every week I'm gonna take a picture of myself and date it so I can watch my progress slowly add up as well as keep me motivated. Once I get progress going I might post them if anyone is interested for visual updates, though i don't expect much change for a little while but I could always be wrong.

See you around NF Rebels!

Level 1 Rebel in training

Every journey begins with a first step, and you took a great one :)

Photo journals are great, I'm keeping one for sure. It's great to look at that first picture a week, a month later, and go "holy guacamole, I'm lookin' good."

I agree with Super Destroyer, logging your food really helps. It makes you either realize how far over you're going, or if you're too far under.

Push yourself just a little bit further every day :) Even if it's just one more pound, one more step, or one more second. You're building strength :)

You can do it!

"You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" (In this case..good places :))

Thought I would post an update, I weighed myself on the day I started and I was 324.8lbs. this morning I weighed myself and the scale shown 318.4lbs.

This is from 2 days of working out and watching my portions and what I eat, mostly been eating vegetables, drinking water, with very few snacks (mostly being healthy snacks like celery and natural peanut butter. I will not lie though, thanks to work I've missed my last 2 days of working out and I have had a few sweets here and there but not a lot.)

Thanks again for this wonderful place to give me hope, motivation, and the knowledge I needed to get started on this path. Tomorrow I'm gonna make up for missing today and the day before.

Level 1 Rebel in training