Forums are back in action! ×

Pushing Tin Foil

Today I went to the gym  and actually lifted some weight.

I made a plan and I did it.  (well I did some of it)

I went right to the free weight section and got 2 ~15 lb hand weights.

I sat on the empty bench and did  wide row exercise (8 reps)

Then I did 8 dead lifts (but I think I did them wrong because I did lift from the floor to the hip to the shoulder to over head and reverse)  

Then these 4 guys showed up and they are really fit and used to the gyms and serious about working out and I felt I was in the way so I moved over to the side and I forgot all the rest of my plan from that and I put the hand weights away.

(They did NOTHING wrong my personal insecurities got to me.  My thing to get over around or through, they only looked at me to ensure there was enough room between what I was doing and what they were doing.)

I moved to the bench press and the nice kid who was just finishing up was kind enough to assist me and he interrupted his workout to spot me and help me improve my technique.  How cool is that... 

I felt weird as heck asking but between safety and the thought of dropping weight on my chest and hurting myself in public...well..  safety won.

With a little encouragement from him I managed to bench press 75 lbs 8 reps  3 times 1 minute rest between sets.

Started to feel the burn and I got all self conscious and felt out of place.  I left shortly after that. 

I'm so proud of me!!!!

Accomplishment for today

1.  Actually WENT to the gym

2.  Used weights for exercise.  (going to award me a bonus point for being SO FAR out of comfort zone and asking for a spotter)

3.  I bench pressed 75 lbs...    Oh my stars

Tomorrow.. I'm going to try again.. but I'm going to bring my gym clothes with me to work so I don't have to come home first and change...

btw... my arms feel like they are chock full of jello.  Tomorrow I hope I can lift them up to do my hair for work.  LOL

• Like 4

I have in the last month become a runner.  How weird is that!   I'm kinda diggin it though.

I always envied those pre dawn kinda people who got up and went running and were so super cool and fit.

Now I'm one of them!

I joined a running group locally to get more tips on running and to progress better.  I just found them today so I haven't been running with them yet.

Pulled a slight twinge in my right calf Friday am run.  Been taking it easy and not going for the bonus workouts as planned.

I have also lost between 1 inch and 1.5 inches off all measurements below the girls... that measurement varies greatly depending on the support structure installed that morning... so I don't bother with it.

(super excited about this so I pasted it in more than one thread...)

I was so self conscious about working out in front of people I did it for two years in my room where no one could see me. I totally understand how you feel.

Not only that but you can probably bench more now than I could when I started lol

Way to go! I can't wait to hear about all of your amazing adventures :)

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.