Forums are back in action! ×

A Much More Terrifying Apocalypse Scenario

Everywhere you look these days people are preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse as if that's the worst case scenario.  But it could be MUCH worse.

IT COULD BE CLOWNS!!!!!

What could possibly be more terrifying than being surrounded by a horde of clowns?

At least with zombies you know what you're up against.  Fast zombies, slow zombies, whatever, you figure it out and you adapt.  We all know how to take out a zombie.  You shoot it in the head, it's done.

But CLOWNS!?!?!  What do you do with that?  Clowns are tricksy.  You may think it's dead, but it could be a ruse.  Does anybody even know how to kill a clown?  Can you kill a clown?  Is it physically possible for a clown to die?

Also, a whole lot of clowns can fit into a really small space.  I have personally seen at least a dozen of them come pouring out of a Volkswagen Beetle.  Which brings me to another issue.  CLOWNS CAN DRIVE!  If you get away from the zombies, you're safe, at least for a while, but if you get away from the clowns, they'll just hop in their creepy little car (or ice cream truck) and chase you down.

Just sayin'.  Brush up on those circus skills, people.  You never know, the Clown Apocalypse could happen at any time.

Sleep tight.

Side note:  As annoying as it would be, there is nothing scary about a Mime Apocalypse.  Mimes can easily be taken out with the most rudimentary of imaginary weapons, or failing that, you can neutralize them by trapping them in an invisible box.

Better Living through Reckless* Experimentation

*But well documented

Just sayin'  :lol:

Lever 3 Survivor - STR:5/DEX:2,75/STA:6/CON:3,5/WIS:3/CHA:1

Challenges: 1 | 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Robert Heinlein

Lever 3 Survivor - STR:5/DEX:2,75/STA:6/CON:3,5/WIS:3/CHA:1

Challenges: 1 | 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Robert Heinlein

Stephen kings "It" comes to mind and that was only one immortal clown but more than enough trouble for a city.

From this I have learned that clowns are like werewolfs, you shoot them with silver to kill them. :)

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Maybe decapitation? I think I'd just quit if it grew another head like a balloon.

Yeah, that's the image that terrifies me.

Better Living through Reckless* Experimentation

*But well documented

if I have nightmares tonight, I'm gonna blame you:P

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

omg, most epic movie!!  I loved that as a kid.  (though maybe that and It are why clowns make me so uncomfortable....)

That would be the end of my wife.  She would move to a state that has cliffs (we don't have them in Louisiana) and jump off!!!

wait, from what part of Louisiana are you??

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

near Ruston, I actually work in Ruston.  It's dead center of North LA.

poop.  I'm a Lafayette kid.  otherwise, I would have suggested a meet-up.  :(